Can't Be Bothered To Read All Those Replies...

I
@sparkzer Yes mate that was out the back of Althorpe, also you've got me worried now as I may, up until very recently have claimed to be a Sparky, I've hung my spurs up for the moment but your talk of being familiar/confident with VCDS makes me think I'll keep quiet about the Sparky bit in future!:oops:
despite the user name, I'm not a domestic sparky despite covering 16th edition (part P put pay to doing a bit of domestic work on the side!)...my apprenticeship was in lifts (and yes, I've spend many an hour in the Northampton lighthouse!), but more involved in the industrial stuff in the week...and at weekends cars and motorsport!

I'm hesitant to ask, for fear you have already stated it in another post and as such i would be asking you to repeat yourself (and just to avoid any confusion here...I'm joining in with the sarcasm), what T6 do you have so i know who to flash my lights at should i see you about?

despite the user name, I'm not a domestic sparky despite covering 16th edition (part P put pay to doing a bit of domestic work on the side!)...my apprenticeship was in lifts (and yes, I've spend many an hour in the Northampton lighthouse!), but more involved in the industrial stuff in the week...and at weekends cars and motorsport!

I'm hesitant to ask, for fear you have already stated it in another post and as such i would be asking you to repeat yourself (and just to avoid any confusion here...I'm joining in with the sarcasm), what T6 do you have so i know who to flash my lights at should i see you about?
Ahh another Northamptonshire waller. I am in Northants despite having an OX postcode, plus my address always comes up as oxon when you put it in one of those self address type doo-dads with online shopping.

Ahh another Northamptonshire waller. I am in Northants despite having an OX postcode, plus my address always comes up as oxon when you put it in one of those self address type doo-dads with online shopping.

I see a few T6s about locally and wondered if the owners were members here!

What is the rough area you are in. There are a lot of dots on the map and I can’t locate you, so wondering if there is a grey van I need to start waving at.

Are you saying that there’s members in your area who are driving about without T6Forum stickers on display!?

Are you saying that there’s members in your area who are driving about without T6Forum stickers on display!?

Well I've not seen any stickers yet, so im guessing they either are not members..or don't like stickers!

I have a feeling i might be in trouble with @Stay Frosty as i seem to instigated sending this post off on a off topic tangent! :rolleyes:

@Sabre Yes you have got lights as we watched them in the pub car park that Sunday afternoon but ideally it has to be a really dark night, preferably no moon to be able see if they're actually turned on, P.S. This is a van forum and you are in the Pub car park section, if you have any other bike orientated questions there is also a Wheels and Suspension section too should you want guidance on what Lycra is hot and not in cycling circles currently... hey, there's a thought... a Lycra parachute, bunjee jumping at 10,000 ft... hang on, nurse has just arrived to change my nappy!

@sparkzer and location here is Duston, Northampton, van is a shiny brown camper!

What are H4 headlights?
Do I have them?
I have a VW.....I think.
Do i have a VW?
And so on............

I did kinda ask this question (sort of). I wasn't sure if I had a T5 or a T5.1 or a T6. Very helpful people told me about the indicator lights thing.

I do use the search function a lot but some other forums accuse people of necro-posting if you put a new post on to an old thread (the older threads don't automatically close) so I am always very wary of doing that.
This group is one of the friendliest I have been on... even with complete newbies to VW like me. So, maybe I am one of those being spoon fed a bit but I do try to learn by myelf too which is why I joined this forum to learn about transporters before we even bought one.
:)

Coincidentally...

I tick a couple of boxes...wuz an apprentice at Express Lifts and still live in Northants... Not only that, I visit my friend in Towcester regularly..

Now, what oil should I use in my van..?

:whistle:

@SteveH Never mind what oil (I use the wifes Olay) do you want this tower or not only last time I looked Express Lifts had converted the factory into an housing estate but forget to telescope the tower back down, I can give you an hand getting it on the roof rack if that helps?

On a more serious note, what's a T6? and why won't my pickup go fast on the motorway?

upload_2020-1-10_17-46-48.png

Coincidentally...

I tick a couple of boxes...wuz an apprentice at Express Lifts and still live in Northants... Not only that, I visit my friend in Towcester regularly..

Now, what oil should I use in my van..?

:whistle:

I'm bound to see you about at some point then!

Last company I worked for in Northampton was Custom Lifts...I now cover UK, Europe & Asia doing tech support for a manufacturer serving the lift industry...I never worked directly for express but have worked in the tower quite a bit since it was brought back to life...in fact I was involved in getting most of the lifts in there up and running again.

I know, it amazes me some of the questions asked, not much on here, but I often think it would have been faster just to 'google' it themselves.
I’ve had that on eBay. Gave the town name. It’s about 5 miles wide. They insist on asking exactly where in the town before they commit. Why? Like the exact location in the town makes a difference when they’re travelling 40 miles to pick it up.

Back