Can't Be Bothered To Read All Those Replies...

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
Is the internet not quite fast enough for some people?

Just watching my H4 LED thread disappear South mired in people, bless them, who confuse light quantity with light colour.

I don't understand a lot of Dell Massives lithium ion and p.v. posts but similarly I don't then post a reply and reveal the depth of that ignorance, like most posters I reread and look for more information using the info Dell has posited.

Rant on standby.:(

I thinks its general behavior everywhere. People want to be spoon fed these days.

I had an item for sale a while back. It was buyer collect and I gave enough of my postcode to identify my general location. I had one message asking "where was SY-- ---" My reply was "It's on Google Maps"

I thinks its general behavior everywhere. People want to be spoon fed these days.

I had an item for sale a while back. It was buyer collect and I gave enough of my postcode to identify my general location. I had one message asking "where was SY-- ---" My reply was "It's on Google Maps"
I know, it amazes me some of the questions asked, not much on here, but I often think it would have been faster just to 'google' it themselves.

Have you ever tried selling something on Facebook???
Oh my god, people are either thick or taking the pee.
Advertised a wardrobe the other day with every dimension available stated and was then asked if it would fit in her house....
Generally folks are lazy.
I don't have the patience any more and agree with you folks above.

Have you ever tried selling something on Facebook???
Oh my god, people are either thick or taking the pee.
Advertised a wardrobe the other day with every dimension available stated and was then asked if it would fit in her house....
Generally folks are lazy.
I don't have the patience any more and agree with you folks above.
Had the exact same thing the other day on a local Facebook selling page. Advertised a full pallet of driveway bricks. Got a question asking how many bricks and the area that it would cover; sent them a link to the manufacturers website. They then emailed back saying they would take 6 packs and needed them delivering 20 miles away. I referred them back to the original listing that clearly indicated it was a single pack of 488 bricks for sale, so which part of that were they confused by????? F’ing idiots. Darwinism at its best.

I'd completely missed the H4 LED thread, but this post alerted me to it and I went off to see what I was missing :) If nothing else, whilst watching the video...the roads looked familiar, then I realised you don't live too far away from me...so hello neighbour! :whistle:

Regarding question askers...I try to take a diplomatic view. whilst a lot of information is stored within these pages and the answers can be quite organic and sometimes contradictory. For example there might be several posts answering the same question but the resulting answer differ, perhaps one pre-dates another, perhaps there are mutiple solutions to the same problem.

As an example to the above, having recently upgraded my lights from H4s to THQ V1s...I searched to find out how to code using VCDS so dipped beam stays on with height beam. One answer implied irreversible damage could be done and don't mess (was quite an old date, probably from time when the required tweaks were being figured out), one suggested a wire harness was required and not coding at all..but I eventually found the answer I was looking for which told me the exact byte and job done, however a less confident person might seek clarification?

I get it can be frustrating when you have seen the same questions time and again but for the poster...its all new to them. I personally just try and answer such questions with a link as a means off offering the assistance, but without investing too much time in a reply.

I do personally have a question which relates to the multifunction steering wheel retrofit that I have not been able to find the answer to as yet..but dare not ask it for fear of p***ing anyone off!:laugh:

I get the really stupid questions annoying people but I think @sparkzer has nailed it. I've been on some forums where pretty much any question, from newbies in particular, is derided by the more senior members. I've witnessed one forum in particular transforming from a decent one to a nasty place. Facebook is the worst example of the lot for both dumb questions and dumb answers. Almost makes the forum seem like an exclusive club which puts people off. Its easy to forget that we all started out knowing nothing. A forum is there to help people as a repository of information and experience. I'd certainly know a lot less without this and a few others.

I stopped selling and using FB years ago, I don't use eBay or Gumtree for all the above reasons. Just ask @T6180 about brain dead questions about stuff we sell. Anything I sell now goes instantly on here, be that something for a T6, a bike, phones, even stuff from my Motorhome. It costs just over a tenner to list as much stuff as you wish, to people with what my Dad refers to as 'rare sense' certainly not common. I've never been messed about and thinking about it, I don't think anyone has knocked the price down on anything I've sold.

Fantastic place to sell your stuff :)

I thank this forum for common sense - it seems to have filtered out the FB T6 forum where people in general want their ars*s wiped for them and will prob ask if their T6 needs wheels! On the other hand it can provide entertainment albeit sometimes painful.

I've seen this sort of thing on every forum I've been on.
Basically, the longer established members have seen and heard all the questions before and they tend to get irritated should any new member ask a question that's been previously answered. The typical response is: "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!" or "USE GOOGLE!"
However, a lot of people are looking to actively engage with forum members rather than using the site purely as a reference library. That's why the same questions come up all the time.

I've seen this sort of thing on every forum I've been on.
Basically, the longer established members have seen and heard all the questions before and they tend to get irritated should any new member ask a question that's been previously answered. The typical response is: "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!" or "USE GOOGLE!"
However, a lot of people are looking to actively engage with forum members rather than using the site purely as a reference library. That's why the same questions come up all the time.

To be fair, any time i've seen the phrase 'use the search box' on here, it does tend to be in a polite way, or a regular poster will add a link to a thread for help, and often it's accompanied with a 'Welcome to the Forum' to try and make new members feel welcome.
As a long term poster, it does get tiresome when the same question is asked about the same subjects, but I have no issue imbedding a link within any response I give, with the advice that the search facility is very helpful.
In the years I've used this place, i've only ever seen a small handful of threads take a nose dive, and that always seemed to be instigated by the same people, who are either not members in here anymore, or don't use this place.

Long may that be the norm, because i'm a Trade member on another forum and that spirals into rows on a daily basis from what I read, and god forbid anyone with an opinion on Brexit or Politics.

Keeping politics out of the forum is a good idea IMHO. I too have seen other forums spiral out of control due to politics debates.

Pete

I originally came down to this part of the forum so that my attempt at a slightly sarcastic reply on the thread to the "they must be brain dead to hack holes in their headlights" post didn't go toxic but I was still in a bit of a dudgeon when the equally casually delivered "yeah, that's what my mates are like" comment when comparing a 20 watt Twenty20 H4 LED lamp output to an obviously meatier alternative caused me to spill my Horlicks... why show a picture looking at the illuminated headlights?o_O

Anyway I used to be into car audio on Talk Audio at the turn of the century... yes, Victorian... and explaining at that time how a pair of 12" Sony Explode subs in sealed boxes in your mates Fiesta aren't actually producing 150dBs at 30Hz normally spiralled very quickly into a typical interweb peeing up the wall contest where, under the threat of a free kicking if you want it, they apparently are.

@Farnorthsurfer I'm an older git at age age 61, thank you Boxing Day birthday but while this is not an old gits forum at all it's great to feel comfortable in the company of a bunch of Herberts who can at times, despite the predations of age in some cases, still walk the walk without resorting to the bullshittery of modern society.

@sparkzer Yes mate that was out the back of Althorpe, also you've got me worried now as I may, up until very recently have claimed to be a Sparky, I've hung my spurs up for the moment but your talk of being familiar/confident with VCDS makes me think I'll keep quiet about the Sparky bit in future!:oops:

Lastly @DaveyB Would you be laying the blocks at that price?

As long as you all accept that i am nearly always right everything will be fine. :)

On a serious note, let's leave politics and religion for those midnight discussions when a beer is in hand and we can blame it on the alcohol the next morning!!

:smile bounce:

Back