Cancel VIP PayPal subscription now I've sold van

cboyce

Sold
Hi,

Having joined last year, I can't see how to cancel the auto-renew. I've tried emailing the forum's admin via this website and the PayPal email address but haven't had a reply. Is there a better way of chatting to someone please?

Thanks,

You cancel the auto renew from within your PayPal account.

Pete

Just had a look and you cancelled your auto renew on the 27th jan the day the payment was taken so lets please stop the pretence
You messaged me after you had cancelled it asking me to cancel it, then subsequently started a paypal case against us claiming we had taken fraudulent payment from your account and it seems paypal gave you an answer this morning

Sorry if i wasnt feeling overly helpful towards you, just think how many threads i could have responded too in the time i spent looking up your forum account/looking up your paypal account and then tooing and froing with paypal staff over the hold they put on our account because of an active fraud case

Shall i total up my time and send you a bill ? Then we can knock your refund off that amount ?

Just had a look and you cancelled your auto renew on the 27th jan the day the payment was taken so lets please stop the pretence
You messaged me after you had cancelled it asking me to cancel it, then subsequently started a paypal case against us claiming we had taken fraudulent payment from your account and it seems paypal gave you an answer this morning

Sorry if i wasnt feeling overly helpful towards you, just think how many threads i could have responded too in the time i spent looking up your forum account/looking up your paypal account and then tooing and froing with paypal staff over the hold they put on our account because of an active fraud case

Shall i total up my time and send you a bill ? Then we can knock your refund off that amount ?
Oh, this is disappointing, very disappointing.

@cboyce - you asked a question and, within 6 minutes, I tried to help/guide. I was completely unaware that a fraud case had been raised with PayPal. I totally understand that people are reviewing how they are spending their money during these crazy times - I get that. However, I don't get why the forum admin have to defend themselves against an inappropriate case raised.

Being an admin or moderator is a bloomin thankless task, in my opinion. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes keeping this site up and running for the benefit of ALL members, whether they pay a subscription or not. I don't know whether they are compensated in any way for their efforts. Regardless, no-one needs to be faced with a pile of steaming poo to be cleaned up (eg a vexatious "fraud" case) before cracking on with site admin / moderating (whether that is their job, their hobby, their interest or just their good will.)

People might work out that I'm "disappointed". Play nicely! I'll get off my soapbox now.

Oh, this is disappointing, very disappointing.

@cboyce - you asked a question and, within 6 minutes, I tried to help/guide. I was completely unaware that a fraud case had been raised with PayPal. I totally understand that people are reviewing how they are spending their money during these crazy times - I get that. However, I don't get why the forum admin have to defend themselves against an inappropriate case raised.

Being an admin or moderator is a bloomin thankless task, in my opinion. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes keeping this site up and running for the benefit of ALL members, whether they pay a subscription or not. I don't know whether they are compensated in any way for their efforts. Regardless, no-one needs to be faced with a pile of steaming poo to be cleaned up (eg a vexatious "fraud" case) before cracking on with site admin / moderating (whether that is their job, their hobby, their interest or just their good will.)

People might work out that I'm "disappointed". Play nicely! I'll get off my soapbox now.

I cancelled the Paypal element after I saw it go out of my account and PayPal told me how to do that (I hadn't realised that was a thing). I didn't know whether there was anything I had to cancel at this end too, though. I also emailed the folk at T6 via their PayPal email account twice about having the money taken out and received no answer either time. I then asked the question here as I emailed them again via this forum's email address a couple of days ago and didn't get a reply here. Struggling to see what I could hav done different, to be honest...

I deliberately left my initial forum post here vague so as not to embarass anyone or cause any problems. It's a shame you didn't reply to any of the emails I have sent previously, or the private message I sent you this morning, choosing instead to post your reply here.

I cancelled the Paypal element after I saw it go out of my account and PayPal told me how to do that (I hadn't realised that was a thing). I didn't know whether there was anything I had to cancel at this end too, though. I also emailed the folk at T6 via their PayPal email account twice about having the money taken out and received no answer either time. I then asked the question here as I emailed them again via this forum's email address a couple of days ago and didn't get a reply here. Struggling to see what I could hav done different, to be honest...

Well, you could have asked/ contacted the moderators on here. It's not so difficult.
Secondly to cancel your auto renew after the payment has gone through totally legitimately and legally and then to contact PayPal saying it was fraud is deceitful, dishonest and pretty disgusting behaviour in my honest opinion.

Well, you could have asked/ contacted the moderators on here. It's not so difficult.
Secondly to cancel your auto renew after the payment has gone through totally legitimately and legally and then to contact PayPal saying it was fraud is deceitful, dishonest and pretty disgusting behaviour in my honest opinion.

I did ask through the correct channels. Three times...

But, I've struck a nerve and upset a lot of people, so I'll bow out now. That was never my intention, and I apologise.

How do you cancel subscription ? i did this on paypal ages ago yet the new subscription has been taken again . i have searched my account to no avail !!!

You unsubscribe by logging into your paypal and cancelling it there

Hi
I have just cancelled my auto renew in PayPal (didn't realise it was set up )

it was renewed today but I sold my T6 6 months ago or more.
Is there any thing else that has to be done to close my vip account

Cheers Pag

Hi
I have just cancelled my auto renew in PayPal (didn't realise it was set up )

it was renewed today but I sold my T6 6 months ago or more.
Is there any thing else that has to be done to close my vip account

Cheers Pag
If you’ve cancelled your PayPal auto payment, it then won’t renew. You’ll remain a VIP on a pro-rata basis (so around another 12 months as it retook payment today)

That was worth my VIP membership right there.

Back