Can’t Tax My Van - Catch 22

superchargedpolo

T6 Pro
Just got my V11 through the post. My van is 3 years old in a coupe of weeks so it will need an MOT. I can’t MOT it at the moment as most garages are shut. I do need to use my van to get the weekly shop etc. So I need to tax it.

The DVLA website and phone line won’t let me renew the tax due to no MOT. I thought there was a 6 months grace period in place.

Anyone else had this problem and found a way round it?

Both our local MOT stations are still open.

That’s good for you guys, I’m happy to get an MOT but I live in rural Scotland. Not sure if I can justify a 100 mile round trip into Aberdeen for an MOT with the current Covid rules in place.

Looks like I’ll need to wait for the MOT to be actually overdue, in 1.5 weeks time, then hope it gets extended 6 months, then I’ll be able to tax it.

That’s good for you guys, I’m happy to get an MOT but I live in rural Scotland. Not sure if I can justify a 100 mile round trip into Aberdeen for an MOT with the current Covid rules in place.

Looks like I’ll need to wait for the MOT to be actually overdue, in 1.5 weeks time, then hope it gets extended 6 months, then I’ll be able to tax it.
A mate’s VW shuttle ran out of MOT the other day and in the day it did 6 months was applied automatically

Back