Can’t remove seat skins

didigolftd

VIP Member
Hi all,

Did not find on any post. I found some captain seats for my van, pretty used but pretty cheap. Paid 400€ for these.

I’d like to change or repair the foam but I don’t know how to remove all the stuff around the seats.

Does someone know how to take out these ?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

If someone knows how to remove what I asked for too, it would be great so I can clean everything

Not sure about the height adjuster but the knobs are just pushed on.

Looking at the parts drawings of the height adjuster, there are a couple of screws under the circular indents. I'd say you need to prise the covers off and remove the two screws.

I’ve taken seats apart on a few occasions. Really straightforward.

The 2 dial knobs (backrest and lumbar) can be eased off with a trim tool or flat head screwdriver. The height adjust lever has 2 torx screws (hidden by 2 small caps) that are easily removed.

There are 2 small screws that hold the plastic trim in place (one on either side at the front, attached to the underside of the seat). Once removed the plastic panels can be eased off to expose the seat frame.

Hi guys, managed to change everything on my seats and added swivels skins… thanks to all of you
Broke one of the knobs I showed but found a cheap one to repair (poor quality though)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Thanks. You must be chuffed with that work - they look really good. Well done
There pretty good, little tight on some places and little loose on others, but looks good and I’m happy with these it’s sad they don’t sell the same for the rear benches of the van !

There pretty good, little tight on some places and little loose on others, but looks good and I’m happy with these it’s sad they don’t sell the same for the rear benches of the van !
Yesn I have a Cali beach - difficult to find covers for the rear bench

Yesn I have a Cali beach - difficult to find covers for the rear bench
My van is a standard combi, I can find skins but not these exact ones. Think I will order the same upholstery from Thq and try to make them done…

Back