Camper Or Not?

My T6 conversion will NOT have an awning. It will have an Austop pop-top, side windows (but not in tailgate), Cycle rack, colour coded side stripe and pop-top, RIB bed, gas stove, sink etc..
Does the pop-top and / or the absence of an awning mean it can only be registered as a 'van-with-windows' ?

What might the effect on insurance and tax be?
I might be persuaded to fit a small awning rail, but the pop-top is there....

20191116_092230(0).jpg

My T6 conversion will NOT have an awning. It will have an Austop pop-top, side windows (but not in tailgate), Cycle rack, colour coded side stripe and pop-top, RIB bed, gas stove, sink etc..
Does the pop-top and / or the absence of an awning mean it can only be registered as a 'van-with-windows' ?
View attachment 55269

From reading the reclassification thread, I’d say it won’t be classified as a MH based purely on the fact that you haven’t fitted a high-top.

It’s worth a go, though - it’s only a letter, photos and a stamp.

That is what I thought. Damn.
Anyway, I will send it all off anyway when finished on the basis that, if enough people do, they might get p1553d-off enough to have a rethink.

Thanks.

Second and, hopefully, last question:
If I send off the photos and the checksheet (marked as pop-top and no awning/rail), will it automatically result in V5 stating it is a van- with-windows, or do I have to resubmit it?
Thanks.

Back