Camper electrician - Yorkshire

Linoleum Bonypart

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Looking for a company to install camper electrics including solar in the York hull Scarborough region any recommendations please

I follow this guy on FB and his work seems very neat 5C411CB0-211F-4037-9837-EACCD3823B54.pngand well reviewed. Leeds based but mobile fitter.

Morning,
Could anybody Fit me some Transporter HQ V2 Led lights to my 2018 T6 in the Leeds/West Yorkshire asap please? It’s says on the site they are pug in and play with no coding needed can’t do the job myself as have Health issues.

DD296FD8-42AB-4109-8509-64171E61C6E5.jpeg

If you are replacing H4's, they do need coding if you want dipped beam to stay on with main beam, unless you bought the additional wiring harness.

Technically they are correct in saying they will work without coding, but they will work better with the coding changed.

If you are replacing H4's, they do need coding if you want dipped beam to stay on with main beam, unless you bought the additional wiring harness.

Technically they are correct in saying they will work without coding, but they will work better with the coding changed.
This is all new to me…. I’m keeping the H4 standard with just an upgraded Bulb but have the new H7 Led Bulbs from THQ for the dipped if that makes sense.

I think you are getting muddled up with bulb and headlight types.

If you want the headlights in the photo fitting to replace standard headlights, then for the benefit of someone willing to help you with the job, my previous post stands.

Morning,
Could anybody Fit me some Transporter HQ V2 Led lights to my 2018 T6 in the Leeds/West Yorkshire asap please? It’s says on the site they are pug in and play with no coding needed can’t do the job myself as have Health issues.
If you have no luck on this thread, then check out this other one where there’s a few suggestions for other auto-electrical work:

Oh and welcome to the forum!

I follow this guy on FB and he seems to have a good rep.
Can’t post a link so here’s a pic. He’s Leeds based.View attachment 140660

I think you are getting muddled up with bulb and headlight types.

If you want the headlights in the photo fitting to replace standard headlights, then for the benefit of someone willing to help you with the job, my previous post stands.
This is what they sent me I’m not Sure what the H4’s are that you mentioned in your first reply. I’m new to VW

44787020-13DB-4983-A27F-2D7DB6BAAA2B.jpeg

… and your replacements are H7 - the headlamps are loosely referred to by their bulb code.

So what @dubber36 is pointing out is that, whilst they’re plug and play, if you want your dipped beam to remain on when main beam is turned on, then you’ll also need some coding done. It’s not imperative - and your new headlamps may even have some extra wiring to avoid this - but worth it for the short time it takes to code.
A quick search on aftermarket headlamps will tell you all you need to know, such as the legalities of the bulbs you wish to use..

Now, back to the question in hand; did you have a fitter in mind when you bought the H7’s, such as THQ themselves?

… and your replacements are H7 - the headlamps are loosely referred to by their bulb code.

So what @dubber36 is pointing out is that, whilst they’re plug and play, if you want your dipped beam to remain on when main beam is turned on, then you’ll also need some coding done. It’s not imperative - and your new headlamps may even have some extra wiring to avoid this - but worth it for the short time it takes to code.
A quick search on aftermarket headlamps will tell you all you need to know, such as the legalities of the bulbs you wish to use..

Now, back to the question in hand; did you have a fitter in mind when you bought the H7’s, such as THQ themselves?

Well, stating the obvious the bulbs he has from THQ are illegal to use on the road. It is stamped FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY on the box.

I believe the OP is wanting someone to fit the bulbs to the headlamps, and then the headlamps to the van, thats the way the thread reads to me anyway.

I just wanted some headlights fitted on my van but seems some legal eagles have read the box on the H7’s Lol

I just wanted some headlights fitted on my van but seems some legal eagles have read the box on the H7’s Lol
Haha. Plenty have done the same..

Try those firms we suggested and let us know how you get on - it’s always good to know of a trusted trader.

And when you get a minute, tell us about your van :thumbsup:

My friend did mine for me as he was doing a few other jobs so im sure he would do it but hes Manchester based. He runs 'Evolution Smart' should you wish to do any research

Back