Cable Colours To Speakers.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm trying to find out the colours of the cable to the front door and a pillar speakers.

I am making a loom to connect an amp to the spearers, so I need to know which wires I need to connect to the amplifier OUT + and OUT -.

I am running the loom that I am making directly from the amp to the 4 front speakers without using any of the OEM wiring.

Thanks.

Edit, this is a diagram of the multi connector that I am extending to the speakers.

Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 12.20.47.png

Try these:

I'm trying to find out the colours of the cable to the front door and a pillar speakers.

rt/bl - red/blue
br/bl - brown/blue

upload_2020-1-11_12-47-39.png

upload_2020-1-11_12-50-18.png

rt/ws - red/white
br/ws - brown/white

radio block Brown:

TM8 pins
1- RR + (rt/gn)
2- FR + (rt/ws)
3- FL + (rt/bl)
4- RL + (rt/bl)
5- RR - (br/gn)
6- FR - (br/ws)
7- FL - (br/bl)
8- RL - (br/bl)

Last edited:
Thanks @Dellmassive .

So Speaker R2 is the front left tweeter, R21 is the front left door speaker. (I dont have R26). Both the left speaker have red/blue and brown/blue wires. I cant see on those any mention of the polarity, ie is red/blue +ve or -ve?

radio block Brown:

TM8 pins
1- RR + (rt/gn)
2- FR + (rt/ws)
3- FL + (rt/bl)
4- RL + (rt/bl)
5- RR - (br/gn)
6- FR - (br/ws)
7- FL - (br/bl)
8- RL - (br/bl)

Last edited:
I've found this pic of the left door speaker. Am I right in thinking red/white is positive and brown/white is negative?
@Dellmassive @Deaky ?

View attachment 58610
Its shown above?

Red is always +

Brown is always -

Tracer colour either blue or white depending on speaker configuration, but will ultimately join together and end up at one chnl at the radio.

See the schematic pic, diagram, and colour chart.

Its shown above?

Red is always +

Brown is always -

Tracer colour either blue or white depending on speaker configuration, but will ultimately join together and end up at one chnl at the radio.

See the schematic pic, diagram, and colour chart.
Thanks. I'm not quite sure I fully understand the schematic of the speakers.

In the schematic there are 3 speakers per side.

R2, R21 , R26 for LHS in fig 40/3
R3, R23, R27 for RHS in fig 40/4

However in the schematic each side has 2 blocks of 3 speakers. Each with different coloured wires. For example in 40/3 there are 2 speakers labelled R2, one has red/blue and brown/blue, the other has red/white and brown/white.

I am assuming that the tweeters in the A pillar must be R26 left and R26 right as they are the ones with 2 pin plugs. SO for each of these I will go with red / other colour +ve and brown/other colour -ve.

For the doors cones I will go with pin 3 +ve and pin 1 -ve as in all 8 diagrams pin 3 is red / other colour and pin 1 is brown/other colour.

I think that should work. Im going from the amp direct to speakers not via the radio block.

Thanks again

The schematic shows all three speakers....as options.

Bass,mid,treble.

Most Van's just have the full range in the door and tweeter in the a-pillar...... but there is an option for the 3rd speaker.

So the layout shows all options and colours..... what ever you have they will all join up in the loom and end up back at the radio as 2cores per side.

If you run your new Amp speaker feeds to the Apillar/door hinge area you can pick up the A-pillar tweeter feed and the door loom speaker feed....

That will save you running new feeds into the door.

The schematic shows all three speakers....as options.

Bass,mid,treble.

Most Van's just have the full range in the door and tweeter in the a-pillar...... but there is an option for the 3rd speaker.

So the layout shows all options and colours..... what ever you have they will all join up in the loom and end up back at the radio as 2cores per side.

If you run your new Amp speaker feeds to the Apillar/door hinge area you can pick up the A-pillar tweeter feed and the door loom speaker feed....

That will save you running new feeds into the door.

Thanks for that. I want to try to avoid cutting the loom that’s the reason for running the wires right into the door. A pillar should be quite easy. Cheers.

Back