Buying van, cam belt question

Ljb

Hello, advice please! I bought a 2015 T5 last week and the garage agreed to change the cam belt and water pump as part of the deal as it was last changed in 2020. I’m due to collect the van next week.

They phoned today to say it does not need to be done as it has only done 18,500 miles since 2020. Is this reasonable? Looking online I’ve found recommendations for changing 60,000 to 80,000 or four to five years which would be this year. They are going back on the agreement we made and which we shook hands on.

I would be interested to find out what other people think, thank you!

If they wont change it ask for the £600 odd quid or whatever it costs off of the price......... oh yeh and get someone indepenedent to check they actually did it lol

The garage agreed to change the cam belt when they mistakenly thought it was necessary. It's not and I don't think they're being unreasonable. Just my opinion.

Reactions: .50
Thanks for the quick replies. Good to have the different opinions! I think it is just making me wary that they are reneging on the agreement so have to decide how to go from here.

Thanks for the quick replies. Good to have the different opinions! I think it is making me wary that they are reneging

Unfortunately I’m having trouble opening the pdf document (for the official guidance for cambelt changes) on my iPad . Would someone be able to help please? It is a T5 2015 and the engine code is CAAD, thanks again

Back