Business use insurer

Toenheel

T6 Pro
Quick query, once I find a van I will be using it as my daily, I utilise my work car allowance and I believe need to have insurance to cover business use. This involves travelling to construction sites around the locality. Are any of you using vans daily and covered for business use? If so who insured you?

thanks

Phil

Same situation here.

Currently with LV but had a quote from Brentacre. Both had Business use for me and Commuting for the wife (I'm the main driver, she has her own car but occasionally takes the van)

Direct line for me- I’m self employed and insurance cover’s me for business use for my own business.

Same situation for me. Been using A-Plan for last couple years as they cover the modifications I've made as well as business cover (mainly driving too and from airports for me). Also best value compared to others...

A Plan due to the amount of modifications. I used Direct Line on my previous non modified van and they were fine. However, they wouldn't cover the new vans modifications, so tried A Plan based on forum recommendations and they were considerably cheaper despite the new van being heavily modified.

A plan for me. Had been happy with Direct Line for years for cars, but they wouldn't touch the new camper so I shopped around. A plan also beat the DL price on my wife's car

Brentacre for me as of tomorrow, Aplan didn't even bother replying, spoke to a supervisor who said the quote was over £2k, then he didn't reply with an update following clarification.
Brentacre came in £485 with £350 excess but wouldn't agree do an agreed value. Did cover mods for cosmetics etc and remap for no additional charge.

I was with LV for my Skoda Kodiaq Class 1 business use but when I bought the Shuttle they would not cover me so now with Admiral.

I was with LV for my Skoda Kodiaq Class 1 business use but when I bought the Shuttle they would not cover me so now with Admiral.
I hope you don't have any reason to claim. Admiral are useless, I had to do everything myself.

Just realised reading this back when I say van it will be a panel van initially then its getting converted, who is best to cover it as a camper?

A Plan Thatcham for me. Includes all modifications plus business use (Class 1 I think - to and from work).

I’ve ordered my swb 150 dsg camper, all seasons are doing the conversion etc. I’ve had a quote for £740 this was for a nearly 37 year old in very low crime area with 15k per year including business use for travelling to different work locations. Broker said this was with LV. Plan on calling brentacre this weekend.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back