Bulb Monitoring warning light - code out?

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
Anyone know if it's possible to code out the bulb warning orange lamp on the dash.
Just looking to turn the function off completely. If so, would be using VCDS
Ta

If you're passing it on, I would describe it like this... you can change the long coding in the BCM(09 Central Electrics) module to switch off the lamp diagnosis light on the dashboard for the Low Beam , Rear Fog Light(s), Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and/or High Beam. You can't stop the fault being raised but you can switch off the warning light.

Worth noting that the long coding descriptions online say "lamp diagnostics" as if you are turning off the lamp diagnostics, whereas actually it is a lamp diagnosis light that you switch off (on the dash). I put this down to mistranslation of the German

This is something that I also want to get done
I've had it since fitting led drl's & sidelights in my H7's

The garage that I took it to for the main & full beam coding (autohaus Dolby) did the headlight coding but said they couldn't turn off the bulb out warning light

If anyone round the Sheffield area can do it let me know & we can sort out some liquid payment.......cheers :thumbsup:

This is something that I also want to get done
I've had it since fitting led drl's & sidelights in my H7's

The garage that I took it to for the main & full beam coding (autohaus Dolby) did the headlight coding but said they couldn't turn off the bulb out warning light

If anyone round the Sheffield area can do it let me know & we can sort out some liquid payment.......cheers :thumbsup:
I'm in Barnsley near J36/M1, I could have a look at it for you. no promises though.

Use the detailed instructions on the thread linked above, I just summarised it

Hi, I’ve got the bulb warning light on after having the headlights changed to drl’s. Any ideas how to get the warning off?

You can turn bulb monitoring off with VCDS

The scanner you have will only read fault codes and reset them, it won’t code

Back