Bulb Monitoring warning light - code out?

yes but you can use Carista or OBD11 as alternatives. search for both on the forum as you'll find some experience of them

Hi, I have the bulb warning light on now after changing the headlights to DRL's. Anybody local to DY3 area that could help or recommend somewhere to sort it??

Hi, I have the bulb warning light on now after changing the headlights to DRL's. Anybody local to DY3 area that could help or recommend somewhere to sort it??
Hi mate, I could do that for you. I'll be in Bilston on Saturday morning if you wan't to pop over?

Reactions: DXX
Sound mate, appreciate that.
What time would suit you, earlier the better for me as I need to be in Northampton for 10.30?

If no good, I'll fit in around you on another day?

I'll be there from 8ish mate. I'll pm you my address.

Help needed. Bulb warning light come back on after coding it out??
I've got VCDS and followed the instructions on here for what to disable but still cant get the warning light off???

I've got VCDS and followed the instructions on here for what to disable but still cant get the warning light off???
Please post VCDS Auto-Scan report.

Scan report attached.
What you have modified - supposedly replaced by LED bulbs? - which is now causing bulb warning light?

In byte 16 you have all the bits (4-7) unticked (0000)- doesn't that actually mean that all these lamp diagnostics are active?
1633714181731.png

In byte 19 you have bit 6 unticked - doesn't that mean the tail light diagnostics is active?
1633716069961.png

You do have LED license plate lights?
I would expect that byte 27 bit 0 needs to be ticked = license plate light as LED - thus coding for byte 27 would be "23" (now "22")

Then just curious:
Does your van have dimmer for dash/button lights? (Coding suggests not).

I’ll try the amendments as you suggest mate, thanks.
I’d had new headlights fitted with drls which are led’s.
Not done anything new to the licence plate lights

I’d had new headlights fitted with drls which are led’s.
Ahhh... then you should first try to tick byte 21 bit 0 - it's suggested to configure DRL circuit:
1 = DRLs LED​
0 = DRLs "normal" 20W bulbs​

Back