Broken Windscreen

Jay586

T6 Guru
Anyone else waiting on a windscreen replacement?

Been waiting a couple of weeks and have no date, as the glass people are saying they can't source the correct windscreen from VW.

T6 heated screen.

Common problem I am afraid, if you do a search there are a few posts about this.
I recently had an aftermarket heated screen fitted.

Ah, ta. I had a wee scroll back but didn't see any posts. Should have searched!

Windscreen people saying no aftermarket screens available, which is why they had to go to VW. I'm stranded without a vehicle as it's a bit dodgy to drive as the crack is up the driver's side.

Mine was cracked across the top of the drivers side for about 5-6 weeks before it was replaced (I postponed twice).
Autowindscreens fitted mine and they held it in stock when I postponed which I thought was good of them.

I phone about three weeks ago for mine to be replaced with Vw screen and it coming in on the 18 August

Had a big chip right in the middle and a crack running down just behind the mirror since Dec, was in a rush to get it changed but then they turned up with the wrong one, so haven’t bothered to change it and it doesn’t seem to have got any worse YET, and no mot due yet so it can stay especially as it’s not a show queen.

Coolio, I can stop being drama queen then. Just I live in North Wales and I know the plod round here can be a bit keen on car stuff.

Well, it is going to be at least 3 more weeks. Do they not keep a stock of consumable items?

I feckin hated VW dealers when I used to assess customer service, even less impressed now. Despite loving the actual van!

I've just booked a replacement heated screen through National Windscreens, via my insurer, Adrian Flux (Ageas).

I asked for a genuine screen, rather than aftermarket, at which point they said they would have to get quotes, and authorisation from my insurer. Anyway, they refused and i have to have aftemarket. Anyone else had this ?

So my windscreen is cracked again. The glass people have booked it in for next Wed, are they being optimistic or is there still a national shortage?

Not happy, they're not lead crystal, for pete's sake.

Back