Brake pedal noise?

kkev

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Good morning.
This is possibly a daft question.
I've just noticed that when I press the brake pedal I can hear a sound like a bike pump blowing a tyre up. And it continues until the pedal is solid, but the pedal slowly depresses if I keep pressure on.
Is this normal?
TIA.

No you have a problem with the brake servo. Get it checked asap as whilst you have brakes, it is still not safe.

No you have a problem with the brake servo. Get it checked asap as whilst you have brakes, it is still not safe.
I had new front discs and pads fitted yesterday and didn't notice it before. Could any of that work be the cause?

Always good to be well practiced in crashing down through the gears to stop, you never know when you’ll need it.

I had new front discs and pads fitted yesterday and didn't notice it before. Could any of that work be the cause?
Sounds like it might be air in the brake fluid.
I prefer to change the brake fluid prior to pushing the caliper pistons back, that way dirty fluid doesn’t get pushed back in to the system.

Sounds like it might be air in the brake fluid.
I prefer to change the brake fluid prior to pushing the caliper pistons back, that way dirty fluid doesn’t get pushed back in to the system.
Brake fluid was changed at last service.

Good morning.
This is possibly a daft question.
I've just noticed that when I press the brake pedal I can hear a sound like a bike pump blowing a tyre up. And it continues until the pedal is solid, but the pedal slowly depresses if I keep pressure on.
Is this normal?
TIA.
Hi, did you solve this as I'm having the same issue after changing pads and discs, pressure blead them twice now but still excessive travel and that noise. Any advice would be welcome.

Hi, did you solve this as I'm having the same issue after changing pads and discs, pressure blead them twice now but still excessive travel and that noise. Any advice would be welcome.
There is an issue, good that you spotted it. Obviously driving it definitely not a good idea, book into a garage with a recovery or a mobile mechanic.

Back