Brake light switch [Resolved]

gsa90

Hi guys, I’m trying to replace the break light switch, I’ve stopped all around the break pedal but can’t see it.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

It has its own fuse, have you checked that first? SB16
Fuse-B.png

Thanks Loz, I’ve replaced the one on the cylinder, I was also sold the plunger style switch which I guess isn’t fitted on my van.

Is this the fuse box in the engine bay?

Thanks Loz, I’ve replaced the one on the cylinder, I was also sold the plunger style switch which I guess isn’t fitted on my van.

Is this the fuse box in the engine bay?
Yes

Have you got a towbar fitted? My pf Jones wiring kit had to pick up a feed from a wire from the bcm for the brake lights. Might be damage to the loom where someone has tried to tap into it

Checked the fuse, all ok. Changed the switch.
Still no brake lights.
Any ideas.
Hi Gsa90 have you still got this problem? I’m asking because last week we suffered from the exact same issue on our T6. No brake lights at all. We changed the brake light switch and still no good.

Then a day later the brake lights worked again. They kept working for a 30minute drive down the lanes. But then the next day got in the van and they didn’t work again. We left it for another 24hours and then started the van, left it 10mins and checked the brake lights. This time they worked again. The van had not moved between them working, not working and then working again. I’m wondering if it might be the ecu getting upset with low volts from our rubbish Moll battery. Does this all sound similar to what you’ve experienced? We don’t getting any warning on the dash when they fail. But when the AA scanned it it said “brake lights short to ground” and carista says “brake bulb fault”

Our van is currently with the camper converters and they are looking for the fault, but it seems so random and intermittent.

I’d be really interested to hear your experiences?

thanks

yes the fault was found, the cable that runs through the rear door had broken, this was caused by having dead locks fitted. They were fitted 18 months before, I guess they caught the cable and then over time it finally broke.

Back