Brake Failure!!

caseyr

I have a 19 plate kombi and this past weekend was out and about working in storm Ciara and after driving through plenty of large puddles in heavy rain i came to a junction to turn and was surprised to find my brake pedal was rock solid!! like i had zero vaccum and i sailed past the junction! luckily it wasnt a T junction!! I then had an error stop start on the dash and the pre heating sign was flashing. after turning off and on again everything was fine? a while later i had the same issue but i was obviously driving like miss daisy:)
two days of no rain and the vans been fine and its booked into VW to be looked at.
then this morning it was raining again and as soon as i left home the pre heat light flashes and engine management light come on and it goes into limp mode. turn off turn on again all is fine
i have since discovered if i turn off the stop start i have no issues but i am obviously concerned about the lack of brakes..
any advice, ideas would be welcome as my dealer didnt seem to concerned!! infact they said i might need new pads and discs......

Can you get hold of Carista or similar, and read any faults ?
Pete

Back