Borescope / Endoscope recommendations?

roadtripper

2021 Caravelle Executive
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Not for the Caravelle but I have what sounds like a leak in the bathroom upstairs that I could try and see what is wrong by checking the ceiling void in the kitchen below by removing a downlight if I had a reasonable borescope - and I figured with looking after T6s and folk's various trades this would be a good place to ask for recommendations.

Happy to spend a bit as cheap as chips kit is always an error, but it's going to be infrequent hobby kit so doesn't need to be bomb proof trade level.

Last edited:
That looks on the money, was prepared to spend a bit more but branded and recommend, that's good enough for me :thumbsup:

Not for the Caravelle but I have what sounds like a leak in the bathroom upstairs that I could try and see what is wrong by checking the ceiling void in the kitchen below by removing a downlight if I had a reasonable borescope - and I figured with looking after T6s and folk's various trades this would be a good place to ask for recommendations.

Happy to spend a bit as cheap as chips kit is always an error, but it's going to be infrequent hobby kit so doesn't need to be bomb proof trade level.
There was one in the Aldi Isle of Dreams last week, about £35 IIRC

I've got a couple of the cheap eBay ones.

USB powered then wifi app to the phone.

Or some cheaper ones use OTG and plug direct into the phone for power and signal.

They are 720 or 1080p but perfectly suitable for the application.

We use them at work, and they end up getting destroyed, so now just use the cheaper ones.

Eg... £8

View attachment 215538
Probably exactly the same as the Draper unit I mentioned earlier but without the sticker.
Don’t be put off by what looks like a seriously crap app’ interface, it works quite well.

Due to day job a bit sensitive to crappy apps, but then I do have a range of mildly busted up old phones to run stuff I don't fully trust on (like a lot of the chinesium lighting controller apps - all of which clearly have a common heritage but you need every buggers individual tweaked one installed)

Due to day job a bit sensitive to crappy apps, but then I do have a range of mildly busted up old phones to run stuff I don't fully trust on (like a lot of the chinesium lighting controller apps - all of which clearly have a common heritage but you need every buggers individual tweaked one installed)
I just used my Draper to find a side repeater indicator that had disappeared inside the wing of my car.
The battery was still charged after approx a year since last used. App works well and can obviously take a screenshot from the phone.

Just to follow up I went with @DXX recommendation and grabbed a Draper.

Worked well, unfortunately well enough to show me that the leak was always the other side of a joist from any existing downlight hole I could get it in, it's always the way isn't it?

Still I have a nice new toy :thumbsup:

Back