Bonnet Bra........ recommendations

Planning to get mine wrapped, just can't decide whether to have a clear one, or a black one, but that may be pushing the black and white theme a bit too far.

Sorry mate, in ref to this..

Edited:just seen the post date

Hmm yeh good points! Thanku.

I've got the new generation 6 Caravelle, pearl white/cherry red. It's picked up 2 stone chips already and to my surprise the white bonnet appears to be red underneath, so the stone chips are obvious (well to me anyway!!)

I do like the look of the bras but maybe a vinyl wrap is the way to go... damned if u do and damned if u don't!

I like the odd poly one but want to avoid any drilling (If that's how they fit) and not entirely sure just how much stone etc they will really stop.

I'll go for vinyl wrap. Ask help from the veteran installers, why not visit gatorwraps and request for a quote. I believe they have installers for a vinyl wrap in all major cities.

Looked at a bonnet bra and Perspex protector. I have pros and cons for both as used them both on my T5. I think that no matter how careful you are, if that stone is heading your way, it's going to cause some damage. I try not to worry but can't help getting angry at how inconsiderate others are!

Hi all just wanted a little advice on bonnet bras as in a good idea or a waste of time/money seen a few on you tube and a lot look a bit naff ?

IMO, more hassle than worth..
I think, this may have changed recently???.
1. Upon removing bra paintwork can/will be damaged from wind rub.
2. Personnaly don't think they look to great, each to there own tho mate..
3. Consifeder a bonnet wrap as protection.
4. Colour fade..
5. Your cleaning routine.

Don't do it, especially when you've spent big money on your T6. I had a half bra on my T5, it did look good in my opinion at the time, but when I removed it to do a facelift conversion the discolouration was unbelievable. There was moss and all kinds of nastiness underneath it, and because they're really tricky to fit with loads of string like a corset, its not something you can remove easily to clean the bodywork. They do have a tendency to hold rain water in the bottom of them too. Even the full bras.

It is a personal choice yes. I had one on mine and it never damaged any paintwork, but you do need to remove them now and again to clean underneath. You often find the only users that have damaged paint, are those that don't look after them correctly.
I don't use mine anymore simply because I prefer to show off my paint and not hide it, but yes you get peppered in stone chips.

I think if I have my bonnet painted again (3rd time) I will be going for a clear wrap.
The only issue there is you have to leave fresh paint untouched for several weeks before carrying out that type of work, by which time you have more stone chips.

So wish I'd of just had mine clear vinyl wrapped when it was new. :(

Don't bother! Had full bra on my t5 and as above in regards to being more damaged when it came off. My advice is just don't get close to vehicles in front to mitigate chipping. I did try to fit a Perspex one and when I fitted it I hated it so sold it the next day. Nude is best!

A Full Frontal paint Protection Wrap, inc Bonnet plus a "Thin Matte Black Stripe"

3915dad9-23de-4285-9688-a53cdbeb64ee-jpeg.21686

We had a half bra on our old Cali which protected the bottom but not the top, so would be the same as a deflector me thinks. I had a polycarbonate deflector on my Hilux and the bonnet suffered chip damage above it. We have a bra on our current T6 Cali and would not drive without it. In fact it has slight damage to the vinyl which would have been the paint if not fitted. My Mrs Mini Cooper has black vinyl stripes which I think would be the same as a wrap which are stone chip damaged.
Before I fitted our bra's for the first and subsequent times I always check the fleece internal material, I always polish the bonnet thoroughly then fit tightly.
Its removed ever time I polish the van then refitted. It also looks cool on our Mojave beige van.
This is my personal opinion, I think the key is don't fit and forget, or fit to an unpolished bonnet, remove regularly and refit.
I even take it off weekly when on a three week holiday polish and refit, Overkill but that's me.

Its personal choice at the end of the day :thumbsup:.

I’ve got a pure grey T6 .and was thinking to get a bonnet bra for her but don’t want to waste my money on any crap ones out there .
can anyone suggest any ,plus any pictures . much appreciated
Doug

Careful with a bonnet bra, they are know to damage the paintwork underneath.
A wrap is the best solution for that look.

Back