Bonnet Bra........ recommendations

DC.

T6 Pro
Hey!

I'm in the market for a Bonnet Bra, can anyone recommend a company /
Is there a "go to" place for quality bonnet bra's that everyone uses....???

Many thanks

Look into the with caution, I am under the impression that some(if not all) can leave scratch marks on the bonnet from rubbing.

Might be worth considering a bonnet wrap instead to protect it.

Good luck with search tho bud.

Vanstyle
VeeDub Transporter

Reactions: DC.
I had a soft one on the Touareg for our Sahara trips and the bonnet does get "Polished" under it, went for a wrap on the Cali..
There are some nicely designed perspex (polycarbonate) ones that stand off the paintwork.

Reactions: DC.
Hmm yeh good points! Thanku.

I've got the new generation 6 Caravelle, pearl white/cherry red. It's picked up 2 stone chips already and to my surprise the white bonnet appears to be red underneath, so the stone chips are obvious (well to me anyway!!)

I do like the look of the bras but maybe a vinyl wrap is the way to go... damned if u do and damned if u don't!

I like the odd poly one but want to avoid any drilling (If that's how they fit) and not entirely sure just how much stone etc they will really stop.

DC here's mine it's polycarbonate and doesn't fix to the bonnet it pushes on and has little rubber legs underneath that lift it off the bonnet about 20mm but as you can see it won't protect all the bonnetimage.jpg image.jpg

DC here's mine it's polycarbonate and doesn't fix to the bonnet it pushes on and has little rubber legs underneath that lift it off the bonnet about 20mm but as you can see it won't protect all the bonnetView attachment 5219 View attachment 5218
Cheers Lawce, looks cool mate. Did you buy it from vanstyle? Like you say, it's not going to cover the whole bonnet but will help.

I'm actually tempted to get a clear wrap and then something like this or a bra

A wrap won't stop the chips, it will help for sure. Paint protection is the only way, but still doesn't guarantee it as it depends on the size of the projectile. I've just done the sides of my van aswell as full frontal as someone scratched the sliding door. Luckily it buffed out. Here's the passenger door getting treatment

IMG_0528.JPG

A wrap won't stop the chips, it will help for sure. Paint protection is the only way, but still doesn't guarantee it as it depends on the size of the projectile. I've just done the sides of my van aswell as full frontal as someone scratched the sliding door. Luckily it buffed out. Here's the passenger door getting treatment

View attachment 5223
Funnily enough I used to do this for a living when I first left school. van graphics, shop signs, rally cars, race bikes etc... if only my old boss wasn't such a complete bell-end I could tap him up!!

Quite like the idea of the bonnet strip but £50 for that bit of plastic seems steep.

Had mine wrapped in carbon fibre looking vinyl. Its lasted 30k miles and still looks good. My business partner had hit dipped and it looks better I would say but it doesn't last as long and they spray to mach the colour to look carbon. The wrap just peels off and leaves no marks. Personally I am not a fan of the bonnet Bra.

Planning to get mine wrapped, just can't decide whether to have a clear one, or a black one, but that may be pushing the black and white theme a bit too far.

Back