BiTDI 67 plate T6

Remapped 2017 CXEB biturbo 204 here. Sweet as. Oil changed every 10K. DPF gutted and EGR bypassed as a precaution. Sweet as. No issues, low oil consumption. Plenty of mechanical sympathy whilst warming up, but long journeys and lots of heavy towing duty, and a fair bit of ragging about when warm. I particularly delight in out dragging 320d cars at the lights. :cool:

How many miles since the remap and deletes?

How well do you know your MOT tester?

Definitely and in an email too so there's at least some proof. Have you checked it's history, checked engine numbers etc?
There are horror stories about virtually every vehicle these days and you'll definitely see an unrealistic bias toward the bad stuff on any forum.

A few years ago we had a 2006 Passat 2.0 tdi. After we bought it, I realised that the early 2.0 diesels seemed to be plagued with oil pump failures. The pump shaft was/is basically a D shape and it seemed like a foregone conclusion that the flat on the shaft and drive gear would eventually wear out which resulted in no oil pressure and a big repair bill. It never happened.
It did end up needing a new engine but this was because the piston rings were burnt out! Caused by accidentally using petrol, it was suggested.
Initially the used car dealer was trying their best to repair it but it needed a short block at the very least. I was able to prove by contacting the previous owner that it had been sold with an existing fault (they had essentially returned it to their dealer with the same fault and it was subsequently auctioned off). With that info we had a lot more leverage to demand a new engine or a refund.

@AndieH I realise you said that you're committed. How commited? Enough that you couldn't walk away if you discovered something worrying by doing a little digging?

Do some checks and get enough evidence and reassurances that you're covered.
If it all seems a little vague...
Committed with a deposit but I’ve since found out it’s a T28 BMT 84hp mapped to 140. So not a bi turbo at all.

If you were not aware that there was a remap before paying a deposit then I would be asking for my deposit back. 84hp mapped to 140 will be a lot of strain on the 5 speed box.

Back