Bike rack

Is it really worth having a spoiler that does absolutely nothing but cause more dirt to get sucked onto the back window? ;)

Yes. A bit gutted I couldn't the genuine bike rack from Banwy though :(

Mine is meant to be here between 1.06 and 4.06pm - I'm waiting...
Nothing arrived; called the courier, they've not received anything for our address.
And you can only contact them by email/web form. No reply so far.

Currently wearing my unimpressed hat...

I'm home Thurs so hoping it will arrive then..... along with my 3 Tamiya kits and the missus new MTB...... was a busy Black Friday!!!

It's here! Looks like the courier completely messed up yesterday, lied that he'd tried to deliver it and that caused all sorts of trouble.
First impression - it's HUGE and weighs a tonne but looks very well made.
BTW is states clearly that on any van but a Cali, you need to upgrade the boot struts - might be worth bearing in mind. Hopefully the weight of the thing will make our boot easier to shut!!

Mines arrived too..... good job I came in the side door when I got home from work cos I wouldn't have got in the front door!!! It's maahoosive!!!!! Will be getting the upgraded struts from SGS

Mines arrived too..... good job I came in the side door when I got home from work cos I wouldn't have got in the front door!!! It's maahoosive!!!!! Will be getting the upgraded struts from SGS
I'm planning on using the box it came in as a full sized stable.
Glad you got yours too!

Just ordered the Atera Strada DL3 tow bar mounted bike rack, I will get some pics up when I unbox it and give it a trial fit.

i got a removable towbar fitted when I was getting the dealers bidding against each other .... using my Thule easifold (which carries 2 bikes) but is also able to fold up and fit away inside easily taking very little space / have 2 older 519 roofbar mounted ones I can fit if need to carry more. But new wing bar mainly for SUP and Kitesurf long trips with small box on top.

Guys, I have a dilemma!
I've got a new LV T6 and dont want it messed up inside. I've bought a Thule xt3 to fit on the factory fitted removable bar but I'm now concerned that the combined weight of the rack and 2 electric mountain bikes will be too much ? Approximately 72kg I reckon on the ball .
Isn't that too much on a detachable towbar ?
I also have the ABT roof spoiler in case I bought a tailgate rack but I went off the idea of mounting to the bodywork.

Does the Thule rack take the weight of two Ebikes itself ?? I recall there being a rack weight limit per bike that was much less than an Ebike weighs. Unless it's a new rack for Ebikes ?

It's a 3 bike rack that will only be carrying 2 bikes
It's the total weight on the ball I'm concerned about and not the rack

Back