Fiamma carry bike help

Hello, I’ve recently purchased a fiamma carry bike pro T6 from eBay.

Having spent about 6 hours absolutely butchering the tailgate of my van to get off the bonded spoiler then went to fit the bike rack but couldn’t quite get it to attach on the top of the tailgate.

Looking closely the hangers(?) look all out of shape. Does anyone have one that they can show me theirs so I can see whether it is possible to bend them back?

When hooked on they point well into the air, I imagine they should be flat to the tailgate?

IMG_2982.jpeg

IMG_2983.jpeg

IMG_2984.jpeg

Hope these pics help. Sorry they're in the dark.
Mine seem to have a slight bend the opposite way to yours. Looks like yours are damaged.
I too had fun and games getting the spoiler off. Had to paint the top of the tailgate! Then modify the spoiler to go back on.

20231116_163042.jpg

Hope these pics help. Sorry they're in the dark.
Mine seem to have a slight bend the opposite way to yours. Looks like yours are damaged.
I too had fun and games getting the spoiler off. Had to paint the top of the tailgate! Then modify the spoiler to go back on.

View attachment 220110
Thanks for taking the time to do this. Do both of your hooks like up with the hinges? Hoping I can reshape the metal bits to work...

Yes mine are in line with the hinges but they can move along the top bar of the bike rack. When fitting the rack, I fitted everything withouth fully tightening to get it all positioned. There are 2 screws that go through the top brackets into the top horizontal bar of the bike rack. Mine didn't have these in. I too bought mine second hand.

This came in very useful:

FIAMMA VW T5 PRO, VW T6 PRO Bicycles Carrier Instruction Manual

I built and fitted mine on Tuesday, the instructions are rubbish and the pics do not reflect the shape of some of the parts. Anyway, got there in the end. Only issue I have is the bottom bar is so close, touching my door. It was the only way I could get the left (if looking from the back of the van) to fit. What do yours look like? Had to move the foam ring far to the left.

IMG_2151.jpeg

IMG_2152.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg

Back