Best earth point for all leisure electrics?

Isn't there a factory earth point just above the wheel arch? On the sliding door rail recess and the same point on a non sliding side panel.

I always use the welded on 6mm studs under the front seats plus there is one on the left side panel reinforcement at the rear. Maybe one on the right side as well.

My incoming 240v hook-up connection has its earth (green/yellow) on the rear left one but the anomaly is that there is also a 12v -ve connection there which is Brown as DIN standard for such a wire! It looks crazy with the two standards on the same chassis stud but both are correct for the relevant standards!
resurrecting an old post i know.... @rod_vw I just noticed this post whilst installing 240v hook up. Went to connect my earth to the rear plug and noticed the brown wire you mentioned above, should i be concerned connecting a 240v earth to a earthing point with a wire on already?

resurrecting an old post i know.... @rod_vw I just noticed this post whilst installing 240v hook up. Went to connect my earth to the rear plug and noticed the brown wire you mentioned above, should i be concerned connecting a 240v earth to a earthing point with a wire on already?
Two connections on an earth stud is no problem as long as the wires are properly terminated into ring type connectors and the stud nut can be tightened correctly.

Back