Best Barn-Door Bike Rack?

Pounty

027BD36D-6EFC-475E-9FB0-328FC107BC2C.jpeg hey!!

I have a t6 barn door with no spoiler. What is the best 2 bike rack, that can be removed as well.

Needs to look nice as well!!

Fiamma is good although when opening the left rear door the bike rack does come round to smack you on the head.

20171024_171151.jpg

Reaches up over the door with a metal bracket (foam padding)
The bottom has two smaller brackets that clip to the bottom of the door, tightening these secures it.
20180407_124921.jpg
20180407_124925.jpg
There are covers for the bolt heads but I lost them and I'm not too bothered about finding replacements.

Last edited:
Hi sorry to jump in on this we have a similar T6 with barn doors without a spoiler my question is can you open the back doors with the bikes in place, and are you happy with the carrier. Can't decide on this or a towbar rack (although the that would be much more money

Thanks Mick W

Yes, you can open the door with bikes on...but as above poster mentions, you need to have long arms or duck.

Did you have to buy new plastics @HotandCold? Mine are red a d would like to change them. I was at the powder coaters today and the bloke was very excited with an idea I had for the bike rack colour. Sadly red plastic doesn't go.....

Some of the tube end plugs and connector pieces were red, so I sprayed them to match, the powder coat is a RAL colour, so it was easy to get a match. Also, I got some black covers for the bolt heads and nuts.

I’ve seen the Atera Strada recommended in a lot of places, albeit it’s towbar mounted and relatively expensive. Tilts with bikes on so you can open the barn doors though.

Thanks for the info I ordered a Fiamma from Just Kampa £260, ordered yesterday delivered today. foc carriage.

Wondered about sprayin it with Matt black paint any thoughts

Thanks for the info I ordered a Fiamma from Just Kampa £260, ordered yesterday delivered today. foc carriage.

Wondered about sprayin it with Matt black paint any thoughts
Not seen any spray painted but a few have been getting their racks powder coated (see @HotandCold post above for an example) - presume you'd need to strip it down to its component parts and then reassemble afterwards.

Sorry to bring back an old thread here but I wondered if anyone who has these bike racks has any bright ideas of using them for external storage?
Considering either a top rack, or getting a bike rack and maybe using it as space for the driveaway awning or similar for a trip to Switzerland in August.

I looked into putting a roof box type thing on mine when I had it, but the fiamma info said no, it was for bikes only, I think because of the offset. The awnings are quite heavy.

Yes I think you're right, it might be a little lightweight for putting the awning on there.
I suppose the next best option is a towbar + towbar box but they seem to be ridiculously priced

Whilst it might be too flimsy to take the awning's weight you might be able to stash something equally bulky but a bit lighter on there, e.g. sleeping bags, bedding, coats, etc.., and carry the awning in the van?? You can buy decent waterproof stowage/duffle bags, to protect whatever you put on there in transit, fairly cheaply.

Back