Becoming a hippy

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
So we already had a few slightly ahem, hippy tendencies with wild camping but we've recently given up meat, dairy and eggs (eating a bit of fish/seafood) and are spending this coming weekend at a Yoga camp.

I am planning on growing a massive beard (already have a shortish one), saying "wow man" a lot and might eye up a few trees to hug.

Anyone else going a bit mad in their old age (this is mainly wife led but I'm fairly happy with it all)?

Ooh not sure about that bit.

I did grow up as a sort of half hippy, half yuppie; one moment my folks were hanging around in sort of communes full of pot smoking beardys, the next we were skiing in Meribel.

This weekend should be funny - staying in the van and @Gingercoastie it's near Falmouth :D

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
How right you are :thumbsup:
Just missed the hippy era meself.

BTW I could give up alcohol, I might be able to give up meat but with some degree of hardship.
Dairy though, never.

Blue cheese n biscuits...yumm
Baked Camembert... I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

From your tone I presume its not enforced because of a health issue, well I hope not :thumbsup:

Ooh not sure about that bit.

I did grow up as a sort of half hippy, half yuppie; one moment my folks were hanging around in sort of communes full of pot smoking beardys, the next we were skiing in Meribel.

This weekend should be funny - staying in the van and @Gingercoastie it's near Falmouth :D

Fortunately I am getting indoctrinated in the military ways next weekend as my sons hip is having a families day.

Very much in the 'hippy' sphere with our magazine Shindig! I won't give up meat, cheese or eggs as lentils aren't a real alternative!

Being a hippy you lot are having a laugh, more like new age travelers, being a hippy does not mean being a veggi and alcohol is not an essential. The hippy's from my era were nothing like how you explained it, it was more like heavy music weed & love. Where the veggi bit came in I'll never know afraid that is your choice in life, just means more Bacon Butties for the rest of us :)

Last edited:
Back