BATTERY OR WORSE? [Solved]

handbreak switch wires to the BCM - blu/black wire

brake light switch - fuse SB16 4 pins - wires to ECU in engine bay.

1640247696984.png

+++++++++

again you can use VCDS to test for the brake switch and handbreak operation.

or just switch IGN on and check rear break lights to see if they come on. - for brake peddle switch

+++++++++

I've opened up a plastic box in the centre consol which houses 2 durlite relays.red wire has 12v supply to first relay. With ignition on, first relay closes to provide power to the second - blue wire ,when turned to crank the second relay energises putting power to a thick yellow wire. There appear to be blue and yellow wires exiting the box. Nothing from starter - is there anything between these relays and the starter?
Have paid for VIP to access dials but not cleared yet

@Pauly @Loz

can we get a T6 starter motor schematic page in the download section? - i think it will be useful moving forwards

its fairly complicated system, twin starter relays, foot brake pedal, handbrake, BCM, ECM, Imob etc etc

I've found bits over a few sections as above.

I've opened up a plastic box in the centre consol which houses 2 durlite relays.red wire has 12v supply to first relay. With ignition on, first relay closes to provide power to the second - blue wire ,when turned to crank the second relay energises putting power to a thick yellow wire. There appear to be blue and yellow wires exiting the box. Nothing from starter - is there anything between these relays and the starter?
Have paid for VIP to access dials but not cleared yet
can you post some pics so we can see whats what?

Its been a while since I looked at that circuit, but one of the relays is controlled by the immobiliser in the instrument cluster. (I'll go have a look)

It's a DSG so have you tested that the Gear lever is sending a Park or Neutral signal as that will stop it also.
I seem to remember that you get 3 beeps if it's not in Park and you try to start it.

Liz - that's interesting as I am getting three beeps when I switch on! Is the immobiliser switch on the selector lever behind the plastics?

I'd say it would be best to take all the 3rd party stuff out and take the van back to OEM factory setup.

Bypassing those relays and safety circuit s might put you in a situation.

A day with a decent VAG auto electrician should have all that kit out and back to standard.

VW won't entertain it untill all the 3rd part kit is removed.

I agree but still can't get my head round what I've done to create the non start issue. Also obd port not communicating - have tried 2 different scanners and both come up with failed to link message

So BCM not comunicating, (possibly sleeping as not having getting IGN or power up)

Pos, powers and grounds for BCM to check first.

Get VCDS and start checking terminal voltages and work through what you have and don't have.

Yes. Free software, but you need to buy the hardware lead.

Check the 5a fuse that supplies the odb port and the bcu.sc56 labled bcu starter feed and sc23 feeds the starter relays.
Fuse-Card.png

Last edited:
Thanks Loz - can't see on you dial which fuse supplies obd port - my scanner lights up and display works when plugged in

Back