Battery Leads – what is standard ?

lough90

Maintenance Supervisor - oil & gas
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just getting my to do list together and walking though some of the installation procedure for the DLR lights.

My van has had some extra lights etc installed prior to delivery. Can I ask if the two fused wires connected to the positive terminals are standard ? [Green Arrows] if so what are these for?

upload_2017-1-3_10-50-47.pngupload_2017-1-3_10-50-47.png

No they are not, you only have the two large sheathed cables as standard

IMG_2121.JPG

Thanks looks like i need to some more research ........ i think i will add a separate fuse box with space for a relay for the DRL.

Hi @lough90 , I have to say that that is not the tidiest supplementary wiring that I have ever seen and would offend my OCD or insistence on military precision (bullsh*t).

Just getting my to do list together and walking though some of the installation procedure for the DLR lights.

My van has had some extra lights etc installed prior to delivery. Can I ask if the two fused wires connected to the positive terminals are standard ? [Green Arrows] if so what are these for?

View attachment 3874View attachment 3874
Bloody hell, if my van came looking like that I would literally have a full on melt down in the dealership, my OCD would be in full tilt mode. I couldn't cope that the converter company had not glued all the screw access slits in the carpet lining closed after decking out the back of mine so that would have me reaching for the shoe laces. I'm not a military precision man like @T6 Dave's Dad clearly is, but there are basic standards.

@lough90 Looks like you need to take it back to the "fitter" and get him to do the job rather than his 2yr old:whistle:. Sorry if I've caused offence, but if you've paid for a pro to do that, I would be less than happy. Any arguments, show them our comments?:thumbsup:

Its a 500 mile round trip back to the conversion company and to be honest i don't want anything else to do with them. Once these people get the cash they don't really care. I myself have very high standards for installation and have now ordered the parts to perform a proper job . it will be a week or so until i get the parts and have the window to rectify this . I will post the photos once i have addressed.

Its a 500 mile round trip back to the conversion company and to be honest i don't want anything else to do with them. Once these people get the cash they don't really care. I myself have very high standards for installation and have now ordered the parts to perform a proper job . it will be a week or so until i get the parts and have the window to rectify this . I will post the photos once i have addressed.

If you cant do it right the first time why would you get it right a second time

@lough90 please name and shame the place that fitted the lighting and did the wiring so that others can avoid them becauwe they don't deserve any business from members of this forum.

I know exactly what you mean, sometimes you just have to grin and bear it and mark it up to experience. Equally if someone had done that to my van I'd also not be going back there. (Which is my exact thoughts over the people that did the install on mine - not worth the time and hassle making them get it right).

Some things just need sorting by a person that wants it done right , i find taking it back to a company that feels they are doing a good job just causes more problems than its worth.

My biggest issue now is nothing is marked up , so im going to have to trace things back and fingers crossed i hopefully don't find any more disappointments.

What has been added ? Any idea what those cables feed ?

i have LED lights above the rear seats , LED lights in the rear and LED lights in the tail gate . The only other thing is a two bar ..... again this has been installed wrong its a T5 harness fitted to a T6 and when i questioned this i was given the answer " well its the first T6 we have done" and then offered the correct parts for £300...... like i say it not worth the hassle sometimes when people think they are providing a good service.

i also had it back to the VW dealers as i thought i had a noise on the rear suspension which turned out to be a lose wiring harness for the tow bar on the under tray ... VW charged me £25.00 to fix it ..

Goodness me chap, hope you manage to get it all ironed out, feeling your pain T6 brother.

It looks like the ones with the green arrows are for the towbar and the others will be for your lights. Ugh!

Back