Battery Dead....again.

Josh Corps

Hello, some of you may have seen my post a while back about how my battery kept dying, but if not ill give you the basics.

-Battery died after around 3 weeks no use
-VW said everything was ok I just needed my battery charging corrected
-VW charged battery correctly
-Battery still died
-VW blame tow bar electrics fitted incorrectly and repaired (billing the company that I paid to fit my tow bar £500)

I've just come back from working 2 months away and my battery is completely flat, like not even enough to flicker the warning lights on the dash.

My question is, how long should my battery last on my VW t6? I have older cars from VW that will last the times I work away and this new van wont?

2 months is too long, can you not have a small 20w solar panel to keep on top of the alarm draw etc?

Having a similar issue.
The wife drove mine yesterday for an hour in the morning then parked it up. By 16:00 it was flat and she had to get a jump start in order to get home.

Hello, some of you may have seen my post a while back about how my battery kept dying, but if not ill give you the basics.

-Battery died after around 3 weeks no use
-VW said everything was ok I just needed my battery charging corrected
-VW charged battery correctly
-Battery still died
-VW blame tow bar electrics fitted incorrectly and repaired (billing the company that I paid to fit my tow bar £500)

I've just come back from working 2 months away and my battery is completely flat, like not even enough to flicker the warning lights on the dash.

My question is, how long should my battery last on my VW t6? I have older cars from VW that will last the times I work away and this new van wont?
I parked mine up and left it for five weeks, and the battery was as flat as a pancake. No lights, nothing. I was even blessed with a few errors once I did manage to get it jump-started.

Mine is a Varta 68Ah.

At 4 years old with Stop/Start (remember the 80% charge ceiling) and a factory alarm, I’ve come to the conclusion that 3 or 4 weeks tops is the longest I’d get before the battery isn’t able to turn over the big torquey diesel engine.

I imagine you’re in the same boat.

A useful side-effect of our leisure battery and solar panel setup is that it trickle charges the starter battery with any excess power so you don’t get any nasty surprises when the vehicle’s been left for a while.

A useful side-effect of our leisure battery and solar panel setup is that it trickle charges the starter battery with any excess power so you don’t get any nasty surprises when the vehicle’s been left for a while.
This is what mine does, but something between battery/ alternator/ solar etc isn’t doing quite what it ought.

Back