Barn Door Clicking.

cy294

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning all and Happy New Year,

My left barn door is making a clicking noise after a gust of wind caught whilst I was unloading the dogs. The door when open now goes past the original position and makes a clicking noise.

I know it's not the black plastic latch that's the problem. As this is still attached. I've also seen what looks like a rubber foam gasket poking out from behind the hinge arm plate.

Any ideas on solving the problem.?

I've posted some pics as well, I've circled the problem area for ease of suggestions.

Thanks all.

IMG_20200103_111635.jpg

IMG_20200103_111624.jpg

IMG_20200103_111619.jpg

IMG_20200103_113225.jpg

You have the press latch on the door to allow full opening past the hinge catch........ that looks ok on the pic.

The other part is the door catch that allows the door to stay open..... it has a catch section.

Both doors have the same so compare the left and right.

You will need to unbolt the mounting plate 3x spline bolts to reset the gasket and look at the rear of the catch arm.

FYI it is supposed to click/clunk when opened to the catch point. It's just a simple but strong spring loaded catch.

Thanks for the reply Dell
You have the press latch on the door to allow full opening past the hinge catch........ that looks ok on the pic.

The other part is the door catch that allows the door to stay open..... it has a catch section.

Both doors have the same so compare the left and right.

You will need to unbolt the mounting plate 3x spline bolts to reset the gasket and look at the rear of the catch arm.

FYI it is supposed to click/clunk when opened to the catch point. It's just a simple but strong spring loaded catch.

Thanks for the reply Dellmassive.

Do you know where I can get a replacement gasket. I've also found that when the door clicks, the mounting plate moves. The door is also opening more than it should as if the spring is ont catching it properly. Doing my head in.

Not sure on the gasket supply apart from OEM.

Maybe just remount the whole plate and push the gasket back into place. (it shouldn't move, so its come loose somehow)

Back