Barn Door Chair Storage, Vanshades Or Diy?

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anyone got the vanshades/chair pod version, if so any good?
Has anyone made their own at all after finding some suitable sized camping chairs?

I can store a small floding Alu table and two of the folding camper chairs, the type that fold into a round ish bag, in the lower section and I store the pillows and a cover sheet on the upper section.
Don't know if your van is anything like mine but the camper chairs are cheap to buy and comfy enough.
View media item 2795

I can store a small floding Alu table and two of the folding camper chairs, the type that fold into a round ish bag, in the lower section and I store the pillows and a cover sheet on the upper section.
Don't know if your van is anything like mine but the camper chairs are cheap to buy and comfy enough.
View media item 2795

Cheers, you got any pics?

I have the tailgate chairpod. I am very happy with it as the chairs the stored out of the way. My converter fitted it for me.

View media item 2795

Ahhh, thanks, I meant as in storing chairs actually on the barndoors, like the California's are in the tailgate.
Mine has got a California bed on rails so a slightly different setup but similar, I'm trying to free all that storage area up with a table in the sliding door and chairs on the barn doors, cheers anyway :thumbsup:

Hello all. Resurrecting this thread while waiting for my convertors to finish my van, so I can park it on my drive :(

Did anyone get the Vanshades Barn Door Chair Pod? I don't actually want the chairs, but I am interested in the pods (the holder bags), wondering if they would fit the chairs I have already bought. I have no idea if they would sell me just the holders, but didn't want to ask them until i was sure they would fit.

If anyone has them, I would be grateful for dimensions etc., esecially of the opening at the top.

TIA,
CAB.

I have the tailgate chairpod. I am very happy with it as the chairs the stored out of the way. My converter fitted it for me.
Hi there, (first ever "post" here so you're the lucky one) How much does the chair pod hang down? Do you keep banging your head? I want to look at getting (or making) one but I have a kitchen pod that fits in the back so I stand under the tailgate to use that and don't want to always be stooping.

According to the Vanshades website the Chairpod is 12cm deep. That will therefore be the drop from the tailgate when it is open.

Back