Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
This is less an advert for my wheels to buy now, more for anyone that wants to reserve them.
To explain: As many of you know, I'm currently running a new set of Duchy Banded 18" Amaroks in 8.5" fronts and 9" rears, in my normal Chrome powder. On the basis that my chum @shane lightbown has wider rears than mine, I've ordered another set off Duchy, that will be here in the next few weeks. There is nothing wrong with my current 8.5 and 9" setup, and this is pretty much the generic widths most people run, but I prefer the slightly wider rears, and managed to wangle a set off Duchy that he was keeping for himself. Jamie is a good mate and he's done a lot of banded wheels for me, plus a lot of general wheel refurbs and other jobs, hence twisting his arm for this next set. Other than that, any orders put into any bander at the moment, will be met with a very long wait on the basis there is zero stock of the actual 18" Amarok steel in the country, and the flow of these wheels is so small, that pretty much all future stock is allocated to the waiting list.
What I'm saying is these wheels are super rare, rarely come up for sale used in Banded or None Banded form, so they are going up for sale for the price you'd pay if you pre-ordered from Duchy or Tamar (same wheels) Your paying the new price, but without the months of waiting..

Now, I'm going to offer 2 options and I will be honest I will prefer to sell these as a full package.

Option 1: The wheels as they sit on my van, with a full set of 235/45/18 Michelin Crossclimate plus tyres. The tyres are obviously mint, they've only done about 1200 miles to date. Don't ask about load rating. It's common knowledge that you won't get a load rated tyre in 235/45/18, but these are Banded Steels, so not exactly a load rated wheel.
£1350

Option 2: Just the bare wheels.
£850

The wheels are only a couple of months old, and mint. They have zero damage and will look pretty much as new once I've cleaned them up for the next owner.

Here's the purchasing terms: if you want these wheels and I will be honest, I.will prioritise a buyer that wants the whole package, sorry.
The wheels are only available once Jamie delivers my new set. I will want a £50 deposit by bank transfer, but this is totally refundable if anything goes wrong my end. By wrong I mean, they get damaged by me, or i damage a tyre, or my new ones vanish in the post (like a recent Dewalt machine polisher has with DHL) etc, unforseen instances.

I'm not overly worried if these don't sell, and don't have any issues holding onto them, so please, no daft offers.

Collection as always, in Leicestershire, or I will help out where I can with getting them somewhere else in the country.
On that subject, the last set of Banded amaroks that sold, got chipped during transit by the buyers courier. Thankfully I sent loads of pictures to the buyer and he could see they weren't like that when they left my hands, and they were well packaged. On that basis, if you buy these and have them shipped, I cannot be held responsible once they leave my hands.

20200826_062754.jpg

IMG_20200917_144835_113.jpg

20200827_140153.jpg

Last edited:
This is less an advert for my wheels to buy now, more for anyone that wants to reserve them.
To explain: As many of you know, I'm currently running a new set of Duchy Banded 18" Amaroks in 8.5" fronts and 9" rears, in my normal Chrome powder. On the basis that my chum @shane lightbown has wider rears than mine, I've ordered another set off Duchy, that will be here in the next few weeks. There is nothing wrong with my current 8.5 and 9" setup, and this is pretty much the generic widths most people run, but I prefer the slightly wider rears, and managed to wangle a set off Duchy that he was keeping for himself. Jamie is a good mate and he's done a lot of banded wheels for me, plus a lot of general wheel refurbs and other jobs, hence twisting his arm for this next set. Other than that, any orders put into any bander at the moment, will be met with a very long wait on the basis there is zero stock of the actual 18" Amarok steel in the country, and the flow of these wheels is so small, that pretty much all future stock is allocated to the waiting list.
What I'm saying is these wheels are super rare, rarely come up for sale used in Banded or None Banded form, so they are going up for sale for the price you'd pay if you pre-ordered from Duchy or Tamar (same wheels) Your paying the new price, but without the months of waiting..

Now, I'm going to offer 2 options and I will be honest I will prefer to sell these as a full package.

Option 1: The wheels as they sit on my van, with a full set of 235/45/18 Michelin Crossclimate plus tyres. The tyres are obviously mint, they've only done about 1200 miles to date. Don't ask about load rating. It's common knowledge that you won't get a load rated tyre in 235/45/18, but these are Banded Steels, so not exactly a load rated wheel.
£1350

Option 2: Just the bare wheels.
£850

The wheels are only a couple of months old, and mint. They have zero damage and will look pretty much as new once I've cleaned them up for the next owner.

Here's the purchasing terms: if you want these wheels and I will be honest, I.will prioritise a buyer that wants the whole package, sorry.
The wheels are only available once Jamie delivers my new set. I will want a £50 deposit by bank transfer, but this is totally refundable if anything goes wrong my end. By wrong I mean, they get damaged by me, or i damage a tyre, or my new ones vanish in the post (like a recent Dewalt machine polisher has with DHL) etc, unforseen instances.

I'm not overly worried if these don't sell, and don't have any issues holding onto them, so please, no daft offers.

Collection as always, in Leicestershire, or I will help out where I can with getting them somewhere else in the country.
On that subject, the last set of Banded amaroks that sold, got chipped during transit by the buyers courier. Thankfully I sent loads of pictures to the buyer and he could see they weren't like that when they left my hands, and they were well packaged. On that basis, if you buy these and have them shipped, I cannot be held responsible once they leave my hands.

View attachment 87054
Mine mine mine mine mine. PM on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back