B14 Sweet Spot

I don’t know what the correct answer is so not going to claim what’s right, all I know is my B14 installer told me to wait 100 miles until I got my tracking done so it could “settle”. Seemed odd to me at the time but I’m no expert so followed the guidance. Maybe just one of these things that everyone says cos everyone else says it and no one knows why?

For what it’s worth I waited 100 miles and it was still at the exact same ride height and has remained there to this day (4 years later)

There’s long term sag too, my B14’s are 3 years old now and I’d say my van sits around 5-10mm lower than it did when they were new.

Or the air inside has gone stale and needs replacing with air from Lower Saxony, so many people simply fill up at their local supermarket little realising that there's a VW part number involved and using the wrong air type can have a marked difference on the vehicles state of mind.

Or the air inside has gone stale and needs replacing with air from Lower Saxony, so many people simply fill up at their local supermarket little realising that there's a VW part number involved and using the wrong air type can have a marked difference on the vehicles state of mind.
Mine has went off air altogether cos of that, it just rides on positivity now

Call me cynical but being told, during lockdown to leave the suspension to settle for a 100 miles would surely just have used up the Bilstein warranty period while the van was sat on the drive gathering dust?
Slightly off topic but is there any way of adjusting the suspension to allow for this sag that occurs after the 100 mile settling in period or should I fit spacers which will also help fill any remaining uninsulated space in the wheel arches?
So many questions, such strong eye medication...

Back