B14 Komfort NS front Lower

BennyBoy

Mountain Biker
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello
i have had some B14 Komforts fitted and dropped approx 50mm of 20" wheels with 275/40 tyres, however the front near side tyre rubs on a compression on the road at 50mph +

Today I had the van on a level car park and compared the NS to the OS front and the NS front is lower not by much.
Is it easy to raise just one side myself or better to have a garage do the work?

Any ideas why it may be lower? Have read about one side of the engine being heavier etc so I presume in that case best to level the van on the floor rather than measuring the coil overs?

Thanks

Is your van DSG? The DSG is heavier than manual so will sit lower that side. It's not difficult to adjust at home if you have the c-spanners, jack, axle stands etc.

Is your van DSG? The DSG is heavier than manual so will sit lower that side. It's not difficult to adjust at home if you have the c-spanners, jack, axle stands etc.
No its a manual, I have the spanners as they were only fitted a week ago

You will always be up against the 275/40 tyre.
But make sure you remove the screw and fold the tab in on the top of the inside on the wing. You can heat up the inner arches where/if they rub in full lock.

And in answer to your question you can adjust each individually to get your height spot on.

You will always be up against the 275/40 tyre.
But make sure you remove the screw and fold the tab in on the top of the inside on the wing. You can heat up the inner arches where/if they rub in full lock.

And in answer to your question you can adjust each individually to get your height spot on.
Cheers

no rub on full lock it is just on near side under high speed compression.

had van on flat ground and you can measure just over 1/2 cm difference between near side and off side so guess near side just need raising

Hello
i have had some B14 Komforts fitted and dropped approx 50mm of 20" wheels with 275/40 tyres, however the front near side tyre rubs on a compression on the road at 50mph +

Today I had the van on a level car park and compared the NS to the OS front and the NS front is lower not by much.
Is it easy to raise just one side myself or better to have a garage do the work?

Any ideas why it may be lower? Have read about one side of the engine being heavier etc so I presume in that case best to level the van on the floor rather than measuring the coil overs?

Thanks
Hi
Im being told you need to run 275/35/R20's as this gives approx 271/2mm additional clearance

Back