Awning Rail Help

I'm a bit confused by the combination options for awning rails and sun canopies.
I have a LWB T6, I don't want a fixed wind-out awning on the side. I want a discreet awning rail (black) and think that the Reimo one seems to fit the bill.
Does anyone have a combination of the Reimo rail and a simple sun shade and poles set up?

I have a Reimo rail and I use an Vango air beam sun canopy for over night stays and a Vango Kela Air beam awning for longer trips.

I'm a bit confused by the combination options for awning rails and sun canopies.
I have a LWB T6, I don't want a fixed wind-out awning on the side. I want a discreet awning rail (black) and think that the Reimo one seems to fit the bill.
Does anyone have a combination of the Reimo rail and a simple sun shade and poles set up?
Yes, been covered extensively recently on another post. A search should find it easily enough.

Thanks guys.
I'm a bit concerned about the fitting of the Reimo rail. Looks a bit untidy on a couple of the posts I've now looked at.
I'll have a look around and see if there is another option.

Having tried without the awning rail - I threw the towel in and tried it this weekend. It's a game changer, however I definitely needed the driveaway kit.

Thanks guys.
I'm a bit concerned about the fitting of the Reimo rail. Looks a bit untidy on a couple of the posts I've now looked at.
I'll have a look around and see if there is another option.
more discreet option I have is by Jerba at North Berwick which I use with a Vango air hex and delighted with it. you not too far away in Durham and cost supplied and fitted for £110.00 and you get a coffee whilst you wait for bonding to set!!!

more discreet option I have is by Jerba at North Berwick which I use with a Vango air hex and delighted with it. you not too far away in Durham and cost supplied and fitted for £110.00 and you get a coffee whilst you wait for bonding to set!!!
I cant see anything about this on their website!

I cant see anything about this on their website!
Until recently they only did full camper conversions but now also do part conversions (which they did for me as I particularly wanted their new in-house pop top roof and pretty much everything else excluding slider bed / seat and windows. I contacted them in the last couple of months with an electrical issue which they resolved FOC and also fitted their own awning rail at the same time. contact at Jerba Simon Poole - Director 01620 890374. Or email of course.

Until recently they only did full camper conversions but now also do part conversions (which they did for me as I particularly wanted their new in-house pop top roof and pretty much everything else excluding slider bed / seat and windows. I contacted them in the last couple of months with an electrical issue which they resolved FOC and also fitted their own awning rail at the same time. contact at Jerba Simon Poole - Director 01620 890374. Or email of course.
Thanks. Any pics please?

A Reimo rail of fitted properly looks really good, and is a rain channel. We always fit them. Looks are subjective however and one will like something while one will not. ;);)

A Reimo rail of fitted properly looks really good, and is a rain channel. We always fit them. Looks are subjective however and one will like something while one will not. ;);)

Ian, out of interest what do you mean by fitted properly?
I'm fitting mine to my lwb (weather permitting) in the next few days. I've seen them fitted at slightly different heights and also seen one fitting guide that says the rail should be straight at the rear and not follow the profile (bend down) of the windows, I believe it's pre-bent like this from the factory though?
Any pics (not asking for any trade secrets just a picture to help visualise the perfect position :) )?

Cheers.

CA516AEB-F299-4821-A7AF-1CE295B31436.jpeg 357CC10E-EAB3-42C9-9FB1-140A8604CE3C.jpeg A73C794E-D75C-4139-AEC4-C135B4F6B31B.jpeg I fitted the Vamoose multi purpose awning rail ,,,well pleased how it went on ,done it in about 45 mins and that was taking my time because I didnt want to f...k it up ..

F7069774-AB8C-4346-9B15-A44D3C768501.jpeg

Last edited:
Ian, out of interest what do you mean by fitted properly?
I'm fitting mine to my lwb (weather permitting) in the next few days. I've seen them fitted at slightly different heights and also seen one fitting guide that says the rail should be straight at the rear and not follow the profile (bend down) of the windows, I believe it's pre-bent like this from the factory though?
Any pics (not asking for any trade secrets just a picture to help visualise the perfect position :) )?

Cheers.
I mean correct glue, cleaned properly, spoilers fitted neatley. Correct rail for van used. I've seen some horrors!!!
Rgds,
Ian

Back