Awning Breathable Ground Sheet

Bargy62

nutter
T6 Guru
Hi all
As the title says
I've got the vango palm drive-away now comes with no groundsheet just put a tarp down but a site we fancy for a trip next year insists breathable groundsheet
so any input welcome good or bad
Thanks

Lots of sites are asking for a breathable ground sheet when using an awning. We’ve got a Vango Kela 4 awning and can’t seem to find a breathable ground sheet anywhere so have ended up buying a ‘regular’ ground sheet.
Has anyone managed to find one or had any similar issues with sites?
TIA

you will need one of these style matts.

the woven plastic style. . . . they let water/rain and air to the grass bellow. (though it will still yellow after a week)

we have about 6 of them.. - there great.

++++

here is a couple of ours at Busfeat last year . . (thats a 3m x 3m Gazebo in blue to get an idea of the size of them)

1641135721738.png

and the shop selling them.

1641135755073.png

++++

we use two of the 300cm x 180cm mats to cover our porch area . . .

1641135507464.png

1641135354679.png

1641135706029.png

Lots of sites are asking for a breathable ground sheet when using an awning. We’ve got a Vango Kela 4 awning and can’t seem to find a breathable ground sheet anywhere so have ended up buying a ‘regular’ ground sheet.
Has anyone managed to find one or had any similar issues with sites?
TIA
does that awning not have a built in ground sheet

My first thought was the same a @Bargy62 - I've got a later model Kela which has a sewn in 'non-breathable' groundsheet and I've never really seen the point in using a 'breathable' groundsheet between it and the ground. I do always use a cut to shape plastic tarp though which both protects the sewn in groundsheet from damage and keeps it relatively dry for packing up time.

we use vango palm which has a clip in ground sheet we only use it for cooking and storage and the toilet never used the ground sheet, on grass we use breathable ground sheet doubled up still works as it should the advantage is we can use it on hard standing or gravel pitches with a tarp under it

I've been trying to get a black vw mat or black T6 mat from outdoor matting company for months now but there still not in stock

They said they was waiting on a container from China at Busfest.... The stock.

Duno if it arrived yet.?

we use vango palm which has a clip in ground sheet we only use it for cooking and storage and the toilet never used the ground sheet, on grass we use breathable ground sheet doubled up still works as it should the advantage is we can use it on hard standing or gravel pitches with a tarp under it
We have a built in ground sheet but was wondering if we also have to purchase a separate one to go under it? Still new to this!

My first thought was the same a @Bargy62 - I've got a later model Kela which has a sewn in 'non-breathable' groundsheet and I've never really seen the point in using a 'breathable' groundsheet between it and the ground. I do always use a cut to shape plastic tarp though which both protects the sewn in groundsheet from damage and keeps it relatively dry for packing up time.
Ours also has a built in ground sheet. So confused as to how we then use a ‘breathable‘ one. Been trying to purchase a separate breathable sheet, but no luck. New to this so any help would be appreciated

Ours also has a built in ground sheet. So confused as to how we then use a ‘breathable‘ one. Been trying to purchase a separate breathable sheet, but no luck. New to this so any help would be appreciated
if your built in ground sheet is not breathable it will never be breathable so find sites that don't require breathable

Been to quite a few sites and never been asked for a breathable ground sheet. I personally wouldn’t say anything and just pitch up the awning! We have a vango kela as well.

Been to quite a few sites and never been asked for a breathable ground sheet. I personally wouldn’t say anything and just pitch up the awning! We have a vango kela as well.
They all ask for breathable but never check! It’s just a case of be respectful for the campsite - if you’re there for a while, lift your groundsheet for a day, that’s all it takes for the grass to recover

Thank you for your reply. Being a ‘newbie’ I think I’m being over cautious

They all ask for breathable but never check! It’s just a case of be respectful for the campsite - if you’re there for a while, lift your groundsheet for a day, that’s all it takes for the grass to recover
Thank you for your reply!

Thank you for your reply. Being a ‘newbie’ I think I’m being over cautious
Nothing wrong with being overly cautious and respectful of rules. This is a good place to enquire about what is “the done thing”! You will always get a good steer on this forum and it costs you nothing to ask a question!!!

Back