Awning Attachment longer than Awning Rail

Nuttyjnr

Hi all,

I have just purchased a Kampa Travel Pod Touring Classic L/H VW awning which is in the garden weathering, may as well as we can't get out in it at the moment. I've just measured the tunnel width which is 280-290 cm but the awning rail on my van (SWB) is only 230.
Can any one advise what the best way is to deal with the difference in lengths when attaching the awning to the van? Any help and advice will be much appreciated. Thanks..

Awning 1.jpg

Awning 2.jpg

Attachments

• Touring Classic AIR User Guide 2018 (WEB).pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
610CCE6F-4470-4E09-A34D-2C3933DE59F9.jpeg I have the same one and have a lightning leisure rail under the roof bars.
The drive away awning kits are a bit longer than the rails so Fits no problem.6BFD64CE-C1A3-430F-84EE-47C3F29492AB.jpeg

Hi Yes, I have the necessary connectors. My query is that the awning rail on my van is 230cm long but the awning tunnel is 290 wide. I'm looking for advice on what to do with the excess. Hope that makes sense.

Always a bit of faffing about if the pitch isn’t dead level as per the above pic, but you soon get the hang of the adjustments after a few trips

Hi Yes, I have the necessary connectors. My query is that the awning rail on my van is 230cm long but the awning tunnel is 290 wide. I'm looking for advice on what to do with the excess. Hope that makes sense.
It does stick out from the connector, I have the excess at the rear of the rail and then peg out towards the rear of the van.
Don’t worry it all tightens up and makes sense once you put it up.:thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, my only gripe is the lightning rail falls short as you say and I have a roof spoiler that the awning catches on so I’m thinking of changing to a Reimo rail permanently fixed to the body of the van just above the door opening.
They are a bit longer as well so the awning will sit flush:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have just purchased a Kampa Travel Pod Touring Classic L/H VW awning which is in the garden weathering, may as well as we can't get out in it at the moment. I've just measured the tunnel width which is 280-290 cm but the awning rail on my van (SWB) is only 230.
Can any one advise what the best way is to deal with the difference in lengths when attaching the awning to the van? Any help and advice will be much appreciated. Thanks..

View attachment 65071

View attachment 65072
Hi.....other manufacturers make awnings to to fit Swb or Lwb don’t think Kampa do...but all is not lost ....my awning rail is 250ish
6D461DE4-F35C-496E-BF53-57B537D7CE6E.jpeg

It would mean ur keder strip will over hang by about 300 each end...umm quite a lot
1871462D-FE77-4167-B959-C2FA00A99B78.jpeg
The vango Rhône low has a Keder connector (awning strip) 2.4m ....could you swop it( if it suits) or you’ve got to live with the over hang......we brought a vango sun canopy and that was 3m so only hung over by 250mm each end ..it flap’s a little in the wind.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sorry forgot to add ,...very nice though

Last edited:
Back