Auto wipers

Keeff

T6 Guru
Any one had trouble with the auto wipers as mine have started to play up . They only work if I push the stalk forward to the rear wiper on position. It looks like it will be the first visit to the dealers .

Sorry @Keeff, no such problem for me. Although I did notice on Saturday when driving whilst it was lashing down, when they are going as fast as they can there is a bit of a clunk when they reach the bottom of their stroke.

I am sure it's the stalk as if I give it a wiggle it works again so phoned dealers and they want it for 2 days. Has anyone removed the right stalk as I am thinking of just buying a new one and fitting it myself as I carry all my tools so changing van for just 2 days is a pain. I normally change vans every three years but with the dealers starting to do this I think I will keep this one and just get it fixed at a local garage .

VW customer service at its very best! Whilst I've not taken the stalks out of mine, I have done it on previous vehicles. On them it was really simple, so wouldn't think this would be any different. Once the column shroud is removed the stalk is normally held on with a couple of torx screws, with a connector block on the back end. It might be worth taking a look at the block before replacing the stalk just in case there is a loose terminal there. I guess the real pain will be if you shell out for the stalk (which is bound not to be cheap) and it doesn't resolve the issue.
Good luck.

Back