Littleblackflash

Auto Engineer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've had my T6 almost 2 months now and I've just noticed I don't have auto rain sensing wipers. My van (soon to be camper) is a 65plate Highline and came with Auto headlights, but from what I can work out, not the auto wiper.

How difficult is it to add the rain sensor? My van has a sensor on the screen, which I guess is for the lights, where does the rain sensor go? From what I can work out (google), the wiper switch is common but the rear view mirror is different. Is the rain sensor in the mirror or does it go on the screen?

Adding an auto dipping mirror would be nice when I fit my tailgate which has a window.

Thanks in advance

Are you sure as I thought the two went hand in hand as I’m pretty sure it’s a combo sensor
If memory serves it’s a combo sensor connected with a single wire via linbus

If you put your stalk up one click do the wipers operate more then once if it’s not raining ?

I looked into retrofitting this for someone a while back and came to the conclusion that to do it with factory parts would require a new screen/mirror and plastic trims connected the mirror base to roof lining

@Littleblackflash you do realise that there is no obvious switch for auto wipers?

Just what appears to be the normal intermittent position on the stalk.

So it looks like I do have it, but it doesn't work as well as my BMW. It's slow to start and then over wipes until the wiper squeals. I guess that's just how it is.

My local dealer said the auto wipers come with the dipping rear view mirror which I don't have. Hazydays also offer an upgrade for the auto headlight and auto wiper, but also includes the mirror hence my confusion.

Upgrading to an auto dimming mirrors would be nice, but I need to find out how to do the wiring on my tailgate first,

You adjust the sensitivity with the switch on top of the stalk, try that to get them to work to your liking.

As for the dipping mirror, has yours still got the little lever to manually dip it?

I'll check. It doesn't have any sensor on the front or back so it doesn't dim. Can you buy dimming wing mirrors to match?

Back