Audi wingback heated seat help

tommy_t6.1

Builder
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've had my wingbacks fitted for about 8 months now and have kept putting off getting the heated seats wired in.

I've scoured the Web for wiring diagrams but can't seem to come across a definitive wiring diagram.

From what I can make out, on the passenger seat plug: white +ve / brown gnd / blue/white sig. When I tested it with my multi meter I was only getting 4.2v across the 2 pins on all 3 seat heater settings. Is this right?
20231001_170457.jpg

Drivers is similar but slightly different colours. I haven't tested but assuming these are right as the plug appears to be wired the same: grey +ve / brown gnd / grey/purple sig
20231001_170510.jpg

Then it comes to the seat wiring. As you can see there are 4 cables. I'm thinking it's +ve/gnd/sig1/sig2. With the signal wires would it be for the seat heating or occupancy sensor? The brown cable comes into one plug and then daisy chains to the other with a slightly different colour cable. Would this be the +ve? I temporarily connected up like this:
Van white > brown seat
Van brown > green black seat
Van white blue > brown white seat
This didn't seem to do anything and no heat was felt through the seat. I'm probably way off with my wiring so any help is very much appreciated, especially as we're heading into the cold season!
20231001_170608.jpg
20231001_170550.jpg
20231001_170622.jpg
20231001_170626.jpg

Last edited:
Hi iirc the seat heaters get power to them and the signal wire tells them when to kick in and out and runs on Lin bus but I'd need to see the drawings to be sure email them to info@dav-tec.co.uk and I'll take a look

Cheers bud. I don't currently have any drawings for the seats. The threads online I've found, all the images have gone so can't pull anything from them!

Do you know what model and year and what electrics they have on them I can login to Audi ErWin and have a look

They are from an 2006 8p S3. They are just heated, no power movement or bolster bladders.

This is the wiring block on the seat that would connect to the car:
20231001_170550.jpg

From what I can make out the brown and black/green are +ve and gnd, and the 2 smaller cables are signal wires. Just can't find out each wires exact purpose! Haha Any help is very much appreciated bud!

Is any of those to do with seat airbags?
I’m a numpty on these so ignore if I’m talking Shite.

No the air bag is a a different plug. But weirdly it's cable came out of the plug up the loom, back down the loom and back into itself. So it wasn't like a closed loop/circuit. Bit strange!

And it's a T6 you're putting them into

Ok I'll need to take a look not sure how the seat heating works on T6 with regards to signals etc

Just come across this wiring diagram from an R8, which seems to have the same under seat connectors as the B7 RS4 (black/green/red connector blocks). The S3 ones I've got have a large black connector but they appear to have the same cable colours. Will have a test when I get in from work and see if what happens.
download (4).jpeg

Update:

I've wired the seats in using a combination of the above wiring diagram and the T6.1 heated seats diagram found in the VIP section and I still can't get them to work.

As per the pic in post #6, I connected the wires under the passenger seat as follows:
VAN - SEAT
white - green/black
brown - brown
white/blue - white/black
brown - white/brown

And it still doesn't work. Not sure if it's connected or an issue, but I'm only getting 2.3v coming from the power cables for the heated seats. And this doesn't change when pressing the heated seats button.

Any more help much appreciated

More updates. I will get this to work! Haha

Seats are currently wired like this.
Driver:
20231005_162749.jpg
Passenger:
20231005_162811.jpg

I'm getting 12-13v through the purple/blue cables which are for the temp sensor.

I constantly get 2.5v across the grey&brown/white&brown wires which are live and gnd, but what I find weird is I get 12v momentarily when I switch the switch then it drops to 2.5v. Then for a few minutes I won't feed 12v.

The smaller brown wires are, well with the research I've done, the ground wires for the temp sensors. These have 12v coming through them when everything is switched on, but when connected to gnd it changes nothing.

I'm just unsure where to go from here as it would appear I've done it all right but getting no heat.

I've continuity tested the heat pads and they appear to be working correctly. Not sure if there's something going on inside the seat to stop it working right.

This thread is turning into just me and my thoughts! Haha

Anyway, I managed to get the base of the passenger seat to heat up before by bypassing the backrest. The wingbacks use 2 seperate elements which are wired in series and the the van appears to wired for parallel.

Another weird quirk, the wiring for the passenger seat seems to not give any voltage so I got it working using the drivers side wiring. The drivers seat I've had no luck with, I think the heating elements might be dead!

More testing tomorrow and we'll see how I get one!

Even bought a new multi meter and crimper to try and make things easier on me!

Finally, success!!!!!!!

After a week of testing wires, getting frustrated, buying a new multi meter and crimp set, more testing, then more testing with vcds I eventually got the heated seats to work!

The heating element in the base of the drivers seat is dead as there is no continuity through it. The backrest however is mad hot!

Passenger seat base is heating nicely, but the backrest is taking its time and not getting massively hot.

Voltage wise, the drivers seat is getting about 11-12v constantly to it, whilst the passenger seat is getting anywhere from 0.5v-11v as the voltage is constantly fluctuating. Not sure why this is, maybe more testing is needed.

Really please with myself to get this done. Going from zero info online and having limited vehicle electrical knowledge I'm quite proud of myself! Haha

When I get the seats retrimmed I'm going to have all new heating elements fitted to get everything working fully and as efficient as possible!

Finally, success!!!!!!!

After a week of testing wires, getting frustrated, buying a new multi meter and crimp set, more testing, then more testing with vcds I eventually got the heated seats to work!

The heating element in the base of the drivers seat is dead as there is no continuity through it. The backrest however is mad hot!

Passenger seat base is heating nicely, but the backrest is taking its time and not getting massively hot.

Voltage wise, the drivers seat is getting about 11-12v constantly to it, whilst the passenger seat is getting anywhere from 0.5v-11v as the voltage is constantly fluctuating. Not sure why this is, maybe more testing is needed.

Really please with myself to get this done. Going from zero info online and having limited vehicle electrical knowledge I'm quite proud of myself! Haha

When I get the seats retrimmed I'm going to have all new heating elements fitted to get everything working fully and as efficient as possible!
And how did you end up wiring them in the end? Am on a similar project.

Finally, success!!!!!!!

Hi Tommy can you tell us the wiring combination you used to get it working?

Back