Attaching pictures and files to posts

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
Lets look in more detail at adding things onto and into our posts

When creating a new thread or a new post we will see a variation of the below image

1626354377786.png

I am going to give it a title and then click on the 'Attach files' button, this will open an extra dialogue box where we can select what we want to insert

On a windows PC it will look like something like this

1626354428484.png

and on a smaller screen like a phone it will look something like this

1626354672607.png

So we choose whatever files/s we are going to add and then we will see them added to the bottom of the post screen
In this example i have added one image file and one pdf file

1626355405488.png

Document type files like pdf/word/excel etc have no further controls, they just stay attached to the bottom of the post and will be available for anyone looking at the post to click on when viewing
Pictures files like png/jpg etc can be inserted directly into posts alongside text content

To do this we simply place the cursor to the point in the post where you would like the picture to appear, click the insert button on the picture you would like to insert and choose if you would like to insert the picture as a small thumbnail or larger full size

In the below image i have placed the cursor between lines one and two of text where i will insert the image as a 'thumbnail'

1626355643617.png

I have then placed the cursor below line 2 and inserted a 'full image'

Posting the new thread gives us this end result

1626356384226.png

A couple of things worth noting, you will see i have left a line above and below each picture, this is to give some separation of the text and images and make posts easier to follow, it is optional but also helps you stop getting text misaligned around images

I have also left a sample pdf file attached to this post so you can see exactly how non image attachments will appear, clicking on it will download it to your device

Attachments

• Sample.pdf
    253.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Anyone know how to post a video..
Is there a 'tutorial' on this somewhere on the Forum does anybody know?
1) Post to YouTube
2) Copy link.
3) Paste the link here as per the pop-up below:

3A17D7C0-2916-4EF9-994D-1E88365C3BBE.jpeg
ECDBA632-4DDE-4E46-90DF-589FC83C329D.jpeg

Reactions: mmi
I’m confused I’m trying to add a pic in the replies to a thread I started way back in May and I don’t seem to get the option to upload straight from my IPhone camera roll whereas replying to this thread I do. Sorry if it’s me being thick!

I’m confused I’m trying to add a pic in the replies to a thread I started way back in May and I don’t seem to get the option to upload straight from my IPhone camera roll whereas replying to this thread I do. Sorry if it’s me being thick!
FAE537E2-C3E5-4A55-940B-C84DCE3776BF.png

That is a private conversation between you and another member, not a public thread on the main forum

Only VIP members get permissions to add attachments to private conversations

Can I upload a video from my I phone? It says the format isn’t supported I’ve tried changing it on my phone but don’t know how to

Can I upload a video from my I phone? It says the format isn’t supported I’ve tried changing it on my phone but don’t know how to
Read post #2 in this thread.

No sorry we don’t support video files as it requires too much storage space on my web server, if you want to share a video you will need to upload it to somewhere like YouTube or a hosting/sharing site like one drive etc and share a link to it

Hi all.
I’m trying to send someone via a private message a link to something in the for sale section. I can’t figure out how to do it.
I know I can add their name in the for sale section but wanted to directly share the link if I can.

Is this possible?

Hi all.
I’m trying to send someone via a private message a link to something in the for sale section. I can’t figure out how to do it.
I know I can add their name in the for sale section but wanted to directly share the link if I can.

Is this possible?
Sure. What are you using - a laptop / desktop or an iPhone / android / Nokia?

The easiest way is to highlight the URL, copy it, then paste it in to the messsge.

Press Copy

Go in to your message and tap in the field where you type and click Paste

IMG_5656.png

I don’t see those when using the app.

Looks like this.

Presume I need to use the browser instead of the app maybe?

IMG_4599.png

Perfect. Have done it now following your guide but by using the phone browser instead of the downloaded app.

Thank you.

Ah ok.

In that case, click on the share icon at the top of the post you’re viewing - three round circles
IMG_5657.jpeg

Then you can copy + paste it in to your message.

Back