Arrggghhhh send help!!!! the options are doing my head in!

Northern Soul Gal

VIP Member
Hi lovely peeps :waving:
Please help me on spec. I am looking at Highline 150 manual, which by the way I am so annoyed I can't have in bright orange :cry::cry: but hey ho.....
I have many questions.....
1. Do I need rear camera or park assist, or both, or none? :whistle:
2. Is the power latching well worth it?
3. I can't believe things such as tyre pressure indicator and washer fluid level with heated nozzles are not standard am I understanding this correctly, £72 and £60 respectively.
4. The second heating system in passenger side? eh? £318........
Thanks in advance please offer opinions as it is literally driving me round the bend now :grin bounce:

Hi lovely peeps :waving:
Please help me on spec. I am looking at Highline 150 manual, which by the way I am so annoyed I can't have in bright orange :cry::cry: but hey ho.....
I have many questions.....
1. Do I need rear camera or park assist, or both, or none? :whistle:
2. Is the power latching well worth it?
3. I can't believe things such as tyre pressure indicator and washer fluid level with heated nozzles are not standard am I understanding this correctly, £72 and £60 respectively.
4. The second heating system in passenger side? eh? £318........
Thanks in advance please offer opinions as it is literally driving me round the bend now :grin bounce:
You dont say if looking brand new or pre-loved. My guess is the first.

1. I have the camera but no park assist, never had it so dont miss it but I would like to see it in action. SO I would say yes to camera, not sure bout the other. Cameras can be retro fitted.

2. On the slider yes its very good. Is it worth bothering on the tailgate, Im not as sure.

3. I agree. There are 2 types of TPMS, the indirect can be coded after, I didnt know about the fluid level an heated washers were an option, I know the nozzles can be retro fitted.

4. Never heard f anyone having this so cant help sorry.

You dont say if looking brand new or pre-loved. My guess is the first.

1. I have the camera but no park assist, never had it so dont miss it but I would like to see it in action. SO I would say yes to camera, not sure bout the other. Cameras can be retro fitted.

2. On the slider yes its very good. Is it worth bothering on the tailgate, Im not as sure.

3. I agree. There are 2 types of TPMS, the indirect can be coded after, I didnt know about the fluid level an heated washers were an option, I know the nozzles can be retro fitted.

4. Never heard f anyone having this so cant help sorry.
I'm changing my answers following @Skyliner33 comments:
1 - both
2 - on slider, not worth it on tailgate
3 - now and yes
4 - yes (particularly useful for keeping dogs cool, I've found!)

As the others have said, don't bother with tailgate power latching, more trouble than its worth. Even when it's working, it doesn't actually bring anything to the party. I thought the TPMS was now a legal requirement & fitted as standard, but I'm probably wrong. Go for the LED headlights. Retro fitting just about anything is generally more expensive & "clunkier" than factory fitted. If you're worrying about the odd 60 & 70 quid now, then Transporter Land might not be for you :whistle:

As the others have said, don't bother with tailgate power latching, more trouble than its worth. Even when it's working, it doesn't actually bring anything to the party. I thought the TPMS was now a legal requirement & fitted as standard, but I'm probably wrong. Go for the LED headlights.
I deliberately didnt order TPMS as on my T6 I coded it with vcds. On the 6.1 I havent worked out how to do it yet.

LEDs!! Forget the rest - just make sure they take the candles in the jam jars off the front end and replace them with LEDs!!

Power latching is good, unless you enjoy slamming doors, and the rear camera is a boon - should be standard along with the parking sensors in my view.
Thanks for reply, Yes LED's are ticked :)

I'm changing my answers following @Skyliner33 comments:
1 - both
2 - on slider, not worth it on tailgate
3 - now and yes
4 - yes (particularly useful for keeping dogs cool, I've found!)
So is the secondary heating option separately controlled or not? I just don't even know what it is tbh lol

If you are having a tailgate, the rear view camera, is really useful. Especially if you have to park close to walls, garages etc. And wanna open the door

I have the rear heater in mine and it definitely helps get the back of the van warm and keeps the kids from moaning! It only has temp and fan speed controls - no air con, so check on the spec.

Being a startline mine has a nice plastic trim panel one side and bare metal / hardboard panels the other side. I have half carpeted it.

B6ABE9F6-B1B0-459E-B045-C55F3E01D2A0.jpeg818C62FA-ABB7-4858-BC96-2BD0446BB782.jpeg

Pic of heater outlet in the rear and a pic of the separate controls (to the left of the gear stick) as promised

Attachments

• FE30FD88-8439-4757-A37F-C83101F9FB35.jpeg
    FE30FD88-8439-4757-A37F-C83101F9FB35.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 20
  • B298B859-5FE8-4EF2-9D34-BFE68F69DCD7.jpeg
    B298B859-5FE8-4EF2-9D34-BFE68F69DCD7.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 20
I have the rear heater in mine and it definitely helps get the back of the van warm and keeps the kids from moaning! It only has temp and fan speed controls - no air con, so check on the spec.

Being a startline mine has a nice plastic trim panel one side and bare metal / hardboard panels the other side. I have half carpeted it.

View attachment 116764View attachment 116765
Thanks very much for your trouble that's very helpful :)

Back