Arch Gap

Proberts

T6 Guru
Hi everyone.
Just bought a new set of 18" 8J momo revenge in black with an ET of 45. Only one tyre at moment as waiting on the others to come in stock but i just tried it on the van ( T 28 ) and i have an arch gap of approx 150mm on 255/45/18 tyres. Cant justify the cost of B14`s so thinking of lowering springs or possibly the Stance coilovers. What size lowering springs would best suit this to close the gap down. Dont want it practically on the tyres but maybe a few inches above the tyre so it looks nice. I know its subjective about how low but pics with the same size wheel / tyre combo would be great to give me an idea. Many thanks.

If just going springs I would recommend the H&R -40MM. take a look on our facebook page, for the mojave beige kombi pics we put up today, that’s on these springs on a 20” rim with a 265/40 tyre.

HTH

That van looks really nice Oli. Thats roughly the height i am looking for but you have 20" wheels with a 5mm less wall profile so mine would be approx 45mm higher again in the arch. The arch gap is killing me at moment.

Hi everyone.
Just bought a new set of 18" 8J momo revenge in black with an ET of 45. Only one tyre at moment as waiting on the others to come in stock but i just tried it on the van ( T 28 ) and i have an arch gap of approx 150mm on 255/45/18 tyres. Cant justify the cost of B14`s so thinking of lowering springs or possibly the Stance coilovers. What size lowering springs would best suit this to close the gap down. Dont want it practically on the tyres but maybe a few inches above the tyre so it looks nice. I know its subjective about how low but pics with the same size wheel / tyre combo would be great to give me an idea. Many thanks.

For Sale - H&r 40mm Lowered Springs For T32 Your name all over these bad boys :thumbsup:

There is 33mm difference in height between the 18 and 20, so divide by two, would be an extra 16.5mm of height of gap - hardly noticeable. The factory Sportline is lowered by 30mm, so it will look lower than these

HTH

Haha. Thanks very much Tourershine. Not in the position to buy anything for a little while as spent a bloody fortune already. Never spent so much on any previous car i have done on this.

Cheers Oli. Will have to have a look at a standard sportline and see what it looks like. Was thinking of 40mm from the off anyway.

Thanks very much Tourershine. That is what in am looking for. Mine would be a little higher as on 18's but it's a million times better than what it is at moment
Andrew.

Back