MOMO Revenge Evo 20" Set Up

Clubhouse

Morning all. When my van is eventually sourced for camper conversion I'm thinking of putting on these smart MOMO Revenge Evo 8.5j 20" rims. I know this question has been asked a thousand times and that other threads are available but I'd be interested in hearing opinions for the best tyre/spring or coilover setup for a *deep breath* comfortable daily ride that remains practical enough to get on a campsite whilst also filling the arch nicely without any rubbing on full lock. I'm getting a 2017/18 T28 or T30 SWB T6 150ps DSG. Thanks in advance for any input.

Good morning
There is a specific suspension forum area that you should spend the time to read and you will find hundreds of opinions on there. It is a minefield, as someone's 'comfortable' might be someone elses unbearable.
I have kw V1 coilovers on my T32 Shuttle which are around £1100 and I rate them.

20210703_115609.jpg

Good morning
There is a specific suspension forum area that you should spend the time to read and you will find hundreds of opinions on there. It is a minefield, as someone's 'comfortable' might be someone elses unbearable.
I have kw V1 coilovers on my T32 Shuttle which are around £1100 and I rate them.

View attachment 122945
Thanks. Totally agree with what you say about one persons comfortable potentially being another's bone shaker. I've literally spent hours looking at the hundreds of threads on this topic and every time I think I've got it there seems to be a curveball thrown in somewhere. I know the wheels are load rated, which is a good start, and at 8.5J they'll fit the arch. But I've also seen some members recommending 275 and others 255 with a mix of opinions on 35's and 40's with different offsets etc, which is when my tiny brain starts to frazzle! :)

If comfort is your preference, then I wouldn't be fitting 20" wheels personally, but that's MY opinion.
If you are fitting 20s then use at least a 40 profile tyre...

If comfort is your preference, then I wouldn't be fitting 20" wheels personally, but that's MY opinion.
If you are fitting 20s then use at least a 40 profile tyre...
Totally understood :). I realise that 20" wheels won't provide the same comfort as smaller rims and this is where the subjectivity comes into play. Ultimately it's always going to come down to 'form vs function' and I'm trying to strike a happy balance of it looking the part but without sacrificing practicality. Equally though I don't want my body to shake when I hit a stone, which is where I'm starting to think that 255 probably isn't going to be an option.

Morning all. When my van is eventually sourced for camper conversion I'm thinking of putting on these smart MOMO Revenge Evo 8.5j 20" rims. I know this question has been asked a thousand times and that other threads are available but I'd be interested in hearing opinions for the best tyre/spring or coilover setup for a *deep breath* comfortable daily ride that remains practical enough to get on a campsite whilst also filling the arch nicely without any rubbing on full lock. I'm getting a 2017/18 T28 or T30 SWB T6 150ps DSG. Thanks in advance for any input.
This is the link to the wheel. I don't know why it didn't work in the original post.

It's not the 255 width of the tyre that will have much effect on the ride quality... its the profile ie; 35 / 40 etc

Hi,

ST-X coil over suspension are a great option that you might consider. A very well priced kit with extremely high levels of comfort at practical drops of between 35 and 65mm, but there are other options available too. The height adjustability makes them easy to set up for a camper that is probably heavier in the back than the front.

On the 8.5" wide 20" Momo revenge I would go with a 255/40 tyre. That'll give you the load rating you need up to and including a T30, it's a good width for the 8.5" rim and the profile is spot on.

I'm a dealer for both the suspension I mention above (among many other options) and the Momo wheels, so if you would like a quote for supply and fit, or supply only, send me a direct message and we can discuss it further. I'm happy to go through the suspension options available, understand your specific requirements and then make a recommendation from what's out there that will suit you. The ST-X I've mentioned above may be perfect, but it's good to go through it in detail to make sure you end up with the right kit for your needs.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Thank you. I'm definitely interested in a quote for the MOMOs as the prices online seem to differ wildly (no surprise there). I know that Wheelbase have got a pretty good offer on at the moment so if you can sort me out with a tyre/wheel deal I'd be more than happy to buy from you. You're a bit far for a drive thru though so would you be able to arrange delivery to the converter who's based in the midlands?

I've seen @BognorMotors say in numerous posts on wheel/tyre set ups that 275 35 is the correct configuration for a 20" wheel but have also seen in other posts that 265 40 and 255 40 are good as well. What are your thoughts on the slightly wider tyres for the MOMOs? Rubbing is clearly my main concern but I'm hoping that a 30 or 40mm drop will achieve the look (and give me the ride) that I want without causing too many problems.

The option to adjust the ride height is also very tempting but in all reality once it's set up I probably won't bother touching it again ... although I'm probably kidding myself that I won't want to tinker with it! I'll PM you soon to formalise things. Thanks again. Paul

I see your Hampshire. Where abouts?
Comfort and practicality were my main concerns too.
20’s are fine with the right setup. I went with koni/h&r coilovers that CRS Performance or The Van Cave can supply.
245 is perfect for 8.5j. I have 45 profile on front. My fronts are ET35.
Quite low, but certainly not silly. No scuff lock to lock. I get the tiniest, and I mean barely noticeably, touch at speed on a deep compression. It’s incredibly rare though, but it’s a compromise I’m willing to make.
It like riding on air. So smooth. Would be happy to take you for a drive if you are near. 9F0F9ED9-0510-42D7-9C63-FECB456A9407.jpeg

Oh, if you ‘like to drive’, then don’t stick over sized tyres on. The turn in delay and the lack of feedback is terrible. The only plus side is it offers more rim protection.

I see your Hampshire. Where abouts?
Comfort and practicality were my main concerns too.
20’s are fine with the right setup. I went with koni/h&r coilovers that CRS Performance or The Van Cave can supply.
245 is perfect for 8.5j. I have 45 profile on front. My fronts are ET35.
Quite low, but certainly not silly. No scuff lock to lock. I get the tiniest, and I mean barely noticeably, touch at speed on a deep compression. It’s incredibly rare though, but it’s a compromise I’m willing to make.
It like riding on air. So smooth. Would be happy to take you for a drive if you are near. View attachment 123027
Thanks Huw. I appreciate the advice and the offer. I might well take you up on that after lockdown. I live close to Petersfield so if you're local I'll keep an eye out for you on the A3. Seems like I've got the whole set now from 245 up to 275 :). When you say oversized I assume you mean the width?

Thanks Huw. I appreciate the advice and the offer. I might well take you up on that after lockdown. I live close to Petersfield so if you're local I'll keep an eye out for you on the A3. Seems like I've got the whole set now from 245 up to 275 :). When you say oversized I assume you mean the width?
I do mean width. 275 is for a ~10j and should never be fitted to an 8.5. 275/40 is commonly used because it is cheap and readily available, not because it is the right size for that size rim.

We are only up the road if you want to demo any suspension setups for yourself. Best to try for yourself than take someone’s word for it. We only stick and supply the very best suspension.

Plenty of wheel and tyre options in stock and available to order.

Happy to help and advise on all of the above, to make sure you get 100% the correct setup.

I like the look of 20" wheels but realistically with a camper I chickened out at the prospect of running rubber band thick 35 series tyres so went with 18" Momos and B14s for a nimble handling T28.

IMG20210715161606.jpg

i had 275/40/20 on 8.5 rims with a 40mm drop and had no issues at all. granted if i was to replace the tyres id go for 255,s so i could go lower

Back