Poor CarPlay connection..

That's odd then, I've had people say I sound muffled/underwater while plugged in, so I pull the lead out and they say there's an instant improvement in clarity.

Maybe the VW built into the van mic causing the problem? When you disconnect/better quality call presume that's direct with the phone?

Maybe the VW built into the van mic causing the problem? When you disconnect/better quality call presume that's direct with the phone?
No if it's still connected by Bluetooth it's still using the external mic. It would only only use the phone mic if you disconnected from the van Bluetooth

I think the carplay issues in my van may be down to heat. In normal circumstances I find the problem with disconnection only happens after about an hour, but I've just been to the supermarket 15 mins away and when I came out it was baking hot sunshine and carplay wouldn't connect. Tried resetting the headunit a few times as I was driving and then it came back on and was fine all the way home.

Might try and find out which chipset is responsible for carplay and see if I can fit a heatsink

A change of phone solved it for me, upgraded to an iPhone 8 and problem solved.

Pretty ridiculous if this is the fix.

A change of phone solved it for me, upgraded to an iPhone 8 and problem solved.

Pretty ridiculous if this is the fix.
Yeah that isn't the issue for me, tried XS, 8 and 6S, all of which work fine on carplay in other cars.

Yeah that isn't the issue for me, tried XS, 8 and 6S, all of which work fine on carplay in other cars.

My phone, same cable works far better in a Skoda the VW centre lent me for my last service ...... quicker to sync, no issues with drop outs ....

4C809482-3314-48E8-A54D-40FA69EE96E4.jpeg Just to give this an update ....

This connection appears to be the culprit:

Easy to replace?

Back