apple car play retrofit

Im at my dealers tomorrow (Monday) i will definitely raise it while im there and see what they say

The guy i normally deal with wasnt there when i dropped van of will try again when i pick it up later in week

Thanks mate :thumbsup:
@craig somerset ,I was talking to a guy in the service department at my local dealers .
He told me he had retro fitted apple car play to a van that had it missed off at the factory .he said after lots of talks with technical and custom care he managed to sort it .

We tried the VW media control on the long trip home last night,wife was happy she could stream her iPhone music, downside, three hours of Nashville..,,,,

@craig somerset ,I was talking to a guy in the service department at my local dealers .
He told me he had retro fitted apple car play to a van that had it missed off at the factory .he said after lots of talks with technical and custom care he managed to sort it .

Thanks for the info carlg, which dealer was this , would you happen to know if they would be prepared to retro fit it to another van ?

Thanks

Thanks for the info carlg, which dealer was this , would you happen to know if they would be prepared to retro fit it to another van ?

Thanks
It's van centre west Yorkshire ,
The guy in service is Steve .he did say something about not doing another .
But it might be worth a call .

HI GUYS surely THERE must be some HIGH TEC t6 people OUT there to get around this issue , BUT to be truthful I AM not one , , I DID also tel the VW dealer today and they said its not loaded into the radio , I MEAN APP CONNECT , but it says on the screen to contract the dealer for code , IF there is away around this i would love to know , !! BUT TO BE QUITE HONEST I NOT PAYING £170 TO GET IT FITTED ,

HI GUYS surely THERE must be some HIGH TEC t6 people OUT there to get around this issue , BUT to be truthful I AM not one , , I DID also tel the VW dealer today and they said its not loaded into the radio , I MEAN APP CONNECT , but it says on the screen to contract the dealer for code , IF there is away around this i would love to know , !! BUT TO BE QUITE HONEST I NOT PAYING £170 TO GET IT FITTED ,

Why with all the shouty bits?

I spoke to vagtech and they say they can retrofit app connect, a bit far away from me though

London area. Satnavsystems.co.uk also can do it....based out of Croydon area but do and can travel.

Satnavsystems.co.uk can do it for £289 inc vat on a composition media unit. £459 if you want voice control adding too. Pricey but they are the only ones of many that even said they could do it. And it took them 24hrs to find out. Everyone else I rang either said no or said they had heard it was possible but had not ever seen it done successfully.

Satnavsystems just completed my one on Friday after initially having problems with it. With app connect & voice control onto a factory Discover media unit and factory MFSW set up it was £389 inc vat.

Back