apple car play retrofit

Has to be connected via usb for any of the three app connect features

That's a shame I may have paid for the unit upgrade but don't want to start pulling my dash apart... just yet!

My standard unit plays my iPhone through Bluetooth and I can go through it albums and folders onscreen so that's good enough for me.

Spot on @T6dder , the bluetooth connection is spot on, works well, browse music by artists, folders etc, way better than Carplay, you even have to plug it in, who plugs stuff in nowadays, far too lazy for that.

Spot on @T6dder , the bluetooth connection is spot on, works well, browse music by artists, folders etc, way better than Carplay, you even have to plug it in, who plugs stuff in nowadays, far too lazy for that.
I do cos it charges the phone on long journeys?

@Caravellet6 can you confirm if your little usb socket in the centre console works with app connect/car play or is it only the glovebox one ??

It does indeed, i use glovebox USB for carstick and centre console for app connect/CarPlay, the don't forget your phone messsge in the dash reminds me to open the console and retrieve my phone!

Saw it on a car advert, not VW unfortunately. My goes in the big hole on top of the dash, good sun trap, cooks an iPhone in 20 minutes giving the battery a boost.

Hi Pauly,

As expected, have been in my local unhelpful VW dealer and they tell me that it cannot be done and the part number you have supplied is only for cars not for commercials ?? (they are tossers) They just wanted to sell me a £1200 head unit !!

If your after some particular functions it can be handy like throwing phone navigation to screen and full voice control via siri etc TBH i dont use it that much but has come in handy a few times

After speaking to 3 different VW commercial dealers, it would seem that it is not possible to retro fit the app connect !!! If any of you clever T6 enthusiasts figure a way round this then please let me know

If it couldn't be done then why display the ' activation required, contact your dealer' screen. It's the same headunit as fitted in the car range- they were told first off it couldn't be done but with a little persistence , hey presto, it can. I reckon the CV dealerships just don't want to know, easier to say NO. Theirs probably no money in it for them either.

You may have better luck going to a decent car dealership and inquiring there.

Some of the earlier headunits did not come with the software loaded and these cannot be activated, but I don't think any T6's shipped with these. As long as the screen asks for a code, the software is loaded its just needs turning on. Hell of a lot of money for what it is though !!!

All these questions I asked to all 3 dealers, in their words, it is a different head unit in cars, the message on screen is a generic message but doesn't apply to commercials???

I agree with what you say, they just cant be bothered to find out and easier to say no, really disappointed with VW CV, they are great when spending a fortune on a van but anything else you want they can't be assed.

If anyone knows of a decent dealer anywhere in the country that will give this a go then please let me know.
Thanks all

All these questions I asked to all 3 dealers, in their words, it is a different head unit in cars, the message on screen is a generic message but doesn't apply to commercials???

I agree with what you say, they just cant be bothered to find out and easier to say no, really disappointed with VW CV, they are great when spending a fortune on a van but anything else you want they can't be assed.

If anyone knows of a decent dealer anywhere in the country that will give this a go then please let me know.
Thanks all
This could be a very long wait...........................................nope, thought not:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Back