anyone used a reimo rain gutter to help stop rain coming in leaky sliding windows?

Yes. I had one fitted as the rain water was pouring off the pop top through the side windows even when only an inch open. Drivers side was simple and a reasonable price. The passenger side was a different matter though as I needed the multirail for my awning. It cost an arm and a leg. A little bit more wind noise but the good news is they do the job perfectly.

anyone used a reimo rain gutter to help stop rain coming in leaky sliding windows?
I’m pretty sure a gutter won’t have much effect on reducing water penetration through a leaking sliding window as rain is hitting the window at an angle especially when driving.
It’s not easy to fix a leaking sliding window but it is possible.

I’ve had results cleaning the rubber seal and applying autoglym vinyl and rubber to the seal with a soft paintbrush. Wiped off excess with a microfibre cloth gently pushed in the gap.

Yes. I had one fitted as the rain water was pouring off the pop top through the side windows even when only an inch open. Drivers side was simple and a reasonable price. The passenger side was a different matter though as I needed the multirail for my awning. It cost an arm and a leg. A little bit more wind noise but the good news is they do the job perfectly.
did the multi rail do the same job?

I’m pretty sure a gutter won’t have much effect on reducing water penetration through a leaking sliding window as rain is hitting the window at an angle especially when driving.
It’s not easy to fix a leaking sliding window but it is possible.
I know what you mean about driving but its more for when I am parked and can't deal with water that's come in.

I’ve had results cleaning the rubber seal and applying autoglym vinyl and rubber to the seal with a soft paintbrush. Wiped off excess with a microfibre cloth gently pushed in the gap.
Thanks for the tip I will give it a go, although the seals were only recently replaced (about 6 months ago by VW as I had noticed the leaky windows the day after I purchased the 4 year old van). I have read so many different theories as to what's causing the leaky VW windows its difficult to know what the best fix is. About to get the van lined and think I will not line the metal beneath the sliding windows!

The multirail is basically a massive guttter with a channel below for sliding the awning on, like a caravan. Perfect for me as I can't have anything like a roller awning above the roofline.

I do this regularly but use silicon oil on the cleaned seals. Rarely see any water inside.

As it happens. One of the reasons I'm paranoid about keeping my vehicle looking as anon as possible is I have to park it in the street and there are too many nasty tealeaves in this area. It's been broken into twice by smashing the side windows because I have to park it in the street. It took three weeks for Autoglass to get the sliding window side sorted but has never been a problem since.

As it happens. One of the reasons I'm paranoid about keeping my vehicle looking as anon as possible is I have to park it in the street and there are too many nasty tealeaves in this area. It's been broken into twice by smashing the side windows because I have to park it in the street. It took three weeks for Autoglass to get the sliding window side sorted but has never been a problem since.
yes another option is to get the windows replaced with something completely different that has nothing to do with VW.

The multirail is basically a massive guttter with a channel below for sliding the awning on, like a caravan. Perfect for me as I can't have anything like a roller awning above the roofline.
I've just been looking at these. expensive and I have twin sliding doors but might be something I need anyway for my awning.

When I was getting the glass rewrapped with a dark tint I was only half joking when I said to the bloke "perhaps I should get a rust bucket wrap for the van with dents and scraps all over" A kind of urban camoflage. I'm sure if I could make it easy to peel off when I go away and then renew when I come home I'd make a fortune. :rofl:

Back