Anyone got a Dometic CFF 35 or CDF 36? Looking for Opinions.

Yes, I ordered one from Jacksons this morning.
So I switched my Fridge on at 12pm on Saturday. Fridge was set to 1deg and running off the 12v supply. Put some bottles of water in there so it wasn't empty but was only about 1/3 full.
Came out to the van today (48 hours later) and the leisure battery was reading 12.4v.
IMG_8948.jpeg

Not sure how accurate this is and it was also fairly cold this weekend but easily getting 2 days running the fridge.
Unfortunately, I had to use the van and will be doing all week, otherwise I would have left it for longer.

Edit : Also called into the supermarket whilst out as someone told me about Hash Brown Chips at the weekend and I thought, I really need them in my life.
Put them in the fridge and they were there for a good 2 hours, got home and still frozen.
Great bit of kit to leave in the van (the fridge not the chips).
Will be trying the HBC later this evening.
IMG_8950.jpeg

Last edited:
So at 12.4 you have only used about 25% of your leisure battery. How big is it ? (The battery) :rolleyes:

Definitely the way forward. Need to get these wheels sold if I’m going to be purchasing one of these anytime soon!

I have the CFD36.. its 12v only so if you want to run it in the house you need a converter. For what I need it's perfectly fine. You can have it as a combined fridge freezer but the fridge part is small. It cools down pretty quickly and I can have it on my leisure battery most of the day without the low voltage warning.

I’ve just ordered the Polarbox 42L unit, no idea if I’m making a mistake but at £350 versus £600+ for a main brand it’s a risk worth taking for me.

It should arrive next week, I will update after I’ve used it for a week or two, we’ve got a road trip to Dordogne which should be a good trial for it.

Brilliant mate let me know what it’s like and monitor useage.
Be good to see how it is.

I’ve just ordered the Polarbox 42L unit, no idea if I’m making a mistake but at £350 versus £600+ for a main brand it’s a risk worth taking for me.

It should arrive next week, I will update after I’ve used it for a week or two, we’ve got a road trip to Dordogne which should be a good trial for it.
I just got the 50lL version, looks ok. Tried it in the house, cools down fast and good cover too. My thermostat seems to be out a bit, it is colder than it says so check yours.

Does anyone have the Outwell Deep Cool 35. I can pick one of those up for a reasonable price just now but would appreciate feedback on them if anyone has one or has used one.

EDIT
just ordered one. Price was down to £430 so compared to the other similar options it was a no brainier. I was procrastinating between the Vitifrigo VF35P and the cheaper PolarBox equivalent. Price wise this sits between the two now but gives me a decent 2 year warranty. I’ll report back once I’ve used it in anger (Snowdonia in a couple of weeks time).
This is the one:

Last edited:
The outwell arrived today and is currently on test. I thought I’d share my initial thoughts and a few pictures for those of you who are still procrastinating on which compressor cool box to go for.

First thing, It was delivered very quickly, great service from Outdoorgear.co.uk based in Bournemouth.

I’m pleased I opted for the 35l version, it’s pretty big, the 50l which i was contemplating would have been too big for my needs.
This is it boxed up on my doorstep which gives a good feel for the size. There is a little packing round it but not too much.
37EFBA15-0E73-4263-B6A5-6CE0A435F062.png

As I said, it’s a decent size, holds a 4l milk carton standing upright easily. Haven’t got a 2l drinks bottle to test but rarely buy them in any case. Plenty of room for a few beers and food to last a weekend (which is mostly how I use my van).
Removable basket to make it easier to get stuff out, drain plug to aid cleaning and a really clever lid which hinges on either side and is completely removable as well

662F4957-6F31-4409-8674-8C5C4F32570D.jpeg4F6E0D7F-645D-40AD-A520-F0192EFE504F.jpeg606CC1BB-88CA-4734-8E73-C2DDC30DAEFE.jpeg6BBF7DB5-407D-4685-957D-1719FA63D6AE.jpeg4368A1A6-5DEA-47C2-B6B5-0247CE2092A1.jpeg152D129D-D4E8-4746-8EB9-BB5D982787BD.jpeg

Can be connected to the van using a 12v cigarette socket adaptor which is included. Can be connected to the mains as well. THis is the one bit which is slightly disappointing, to connect to the mains you use an adaptor with a 12v Socket on it which you then connect the 12v connector into. Why they couldn’t have just had a plug that went into the fridge I don’t know. On the plus side, it is all included and I will probably only use the mains connection to pre-chill before loading the van up. It also comes with both a UK and EU plug.

DD4E29D9-070F-4C3D-AF63-8729FF7A6C69.jpeg

So how does it work? I plugged it in, set it to 3 degrees and timed how long it took to get down there, completely empty. It took 20 mins and then the compressor shut off. It carried on dropping in temp down to 1 degree before slowly creeping up to 4 when the compressor kicked back in. It’s been running for a couple of hours now and the compressor is off much more than it is on. This should mean it won’t eat my leisure battery (which I’ll test next weekend).

So far I’m pretty impressed with it. The 240V connectivity is a minor thing really and given I paid £430 for it and it has a 2 year warranty I can put up with having to use their weird connectivity. It was over £100 cheaper than the Vitifrigo which was the one I had my eye on.
9CFDB8F4-FBA0-48EE-A9B4-C33ABE18B44A.jpeg7807916E-4650-4B79-9EF5-A260F199611D.jpeg420A7CA4-5C67-4E62-99EC-328CF0DF693D.jpeg7FE91A46-11C0-49DB-822E-BF7896C6958C.jpeg

I’ll report back on power consumption after giving it a real world test next weekend when I’ll be using for real on a 4 day trip to the mountains.

Reactions: CAB
we have a cfx 45 lots of money ,but hands down a real winner we use the van a lot and this is so bloody good I forgot about the purchase cost after the first trip

Just been away for a week with our CFX. Stayed in a chalet in the alps but it was perfect on the trip for keeping drinks and lunch properly cold and then was so useful in the chalet to keep all the drinks cold as an overflow fridge. Like previous poster said I think this is so useful. Had ours for a year or so and it gets used a lot on the move and in the house etc. On ours the 240v is built in so just a normal kettle lead - no adapter needed.

I’ve just completed a weekend away at the T6forum meet with the ARB fridge I bought. Very pleased with it especially as it came with a free insulating cover (offer applies to July). I like the app for the fact that it sends a warning if the lid is accidentally not closed properly. Seems very sturdy. Can hardly hear it when the motor kicks in which seems to be approx every 2 hours.

I’ve just completed a weekend away at the T6forum meet with the ARB fridge I bought. Very pleased with it especially as it came with a free insulating cover (offer applies to July). I like the app for the fact that it sends a warning if the lid is accidentally not closed properly. Seems very sturdy. Can hardly hear it when the motor kicks in which seems to be approx every 2 hours.
time to post some pics of it now . . . .

after this weekend at T6F summer camp, I've decided to get a second compressor fridge . . .

looks like the 4x4Raptor ones i posted abovce have been very popular and sold out !!

so I've done some digging and found some similar cheaper units. . .

i went for this one . .

Portable 40 Litre Camping Compressor Fridge Freezer 12v/24v DC 240v AC

1595261035442.png

they have a 30 Litre too , ,

Portable 30 Litre Camping Compressor Fridge Freezer 12v/24v DC 240v AC

1595261089719.png

Portable 50 Litre Camping Compressor Fridge Freezer 12v/24v DC 240v AC

1595261146439.png

what about one with wheels ?

Portable 40 Litre Camping Compressor Fridge Freezer 12v/24v DC 240v AC

1595261213830.png

. . . . .

here is an equivalent as the 4x4raptor but with no bag . .

KITGARN 35L Compressor Portable Small Refrigerator Car Refrigerator Freezer Vehicle Car Truck RV Boat Mini Electric Cooler for Driving Travel Fishing Outdoor and Home Use

1595261335485.png

I bought the Raptor 4x4 Polarbox 42L fridge after @Dellmassive posted about it. We drove to south west France over the weekend and we are impressed with it. On 12v off the starter battery it drops the voltage from 12.4v to 12.3v after 7 hours, this is the most we have run it for so far without starting the engine. We have been using it on mains in France as a drinks fridge, in 34c ambient temperature it has not bother cooling down to 4c and has a setting to go down to -18c. We have got a separate fridge on the campsite as well because it is so warm it’s not practical otherwise as food spoils too quick.

it has some Eco settings to use less power when running off 12v, when running off 240v you have to use an external adaptor but it slips in to the side pocket when not in use.

the 12v plug on theOutwell unit posted earlier in this thread is identical, I would Agree with Dell that a factory is knocking these out and rebranding them.

overall I am very impressed with it, no more soggy warm food when on very long journeys and an excellent addition in a very hot location. We will also be using it off grid in Cornwall later this summer as a main fridge for 4 days, the 42L unit has a surprising amount of storage space so I think it will do us fine.

726686EE-3F71-48A2-9E24-4461D055C0A1.jpeg

898ED6AE-3100-4FF8-A8BA-1F85FD9F5261.jpeg

B000F176-EFAD-44D2-954E-24EA952A9DA9.jpeg

3AA7DD2A-6D33-4485-A4BB-90C71E83E052.jpeg

Back