Anyone built their own?

Andrew

T6 Guru
Has anyone built their own interior? I'm reasonably handy with a saw so want to do my own furniture. Has anyone else designed & built their own.

The lining, soundproof, insulation, electrics & bed are sorted so just need to design and build th rest.

Have a fair idea of what I want to achieve but a spot of inspiration would come in handy. Any pictures anyone?

Thanks

Andy

Im in the process!.

I think that there is only so many different ways it can go, dependant on your appliance choice.. for instance a smev 922 will only fit nice in certain positiins to make it accessable and not waste space..
maybe look at different material..
Tuffened Coloured glass with couple of stubtle lights would be nice I think..
Cnc pieces are great, but imo quite square (bar metal corner trims)..

On my third conversion, first one I bought a cheap flat pack, not that good , the second I got custom built by a converter better but still wasn't 100% happy and ended up modifying it to make it better.
This time I have made my own only took 2 1/2 sheets of ply and it feels like I have got the most out of my space.
I'm no joiner all I had was a jigsaw, fortunatly a friend has a table saw and a router I could borrrow.
So I made a mockup out of cardboard and tape, transferred it onto the ply and cut out.
Not fully finished but here's a picture.

IMG_0067.JPG

On my third conversion, first one I bought a cheap flat pack, not that good , the second I got custom built by a converter better but still wasn't 100% happy and ended up modifying it to make it better.
This time I have made my own only took 2 1/2 sheets of ply and it feels like I have got the most out of my space.
I'm no joiner all I had was a jigsaw, fortunatly a friend has a table saw and a router I could borrrow.
So I made a mockup out of cardboard and tape, transferred it onto the ply and cut out.

View attachment 5794

That is a cracking effort and awesome prep work with the cardboard.. alittle time and effort brings the reward.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 5794
Superb job - nice one!

I agree. That's a cracking interior. Just the type of thing I want to achieve. Thanks for showing.

It's seemed quite daunting at first but when you break it down it's basically just 3 boxes.
First was the main unit, the size was dictated by the top loading fridge, this I made a stand for the fridge and sat it in position and built a rectangular box around for the main cupboard and sink/hob.
A second small box to house the gas and water was made to fill in from the end of the first box to the back of the van, then the hardest was the wardrobe to get a good fit around the top of the roof.
Once the cardboard blank templates fitted I cut the basic rectangles out on a table saw then jig sawed the back edge to the contour of the van, vey little wasted wood if you plan it well, the little bits made a drawer, self for the wardrobe.
Corners I used the aluminium profiles.
Routing was easy just a square of ply on legs with the router screwed to the underside and a hole drilled out for the blade, the ply made lining the cutter up easy dues to the layers just count and find the middle layer.

Back