Anybody lowered on 17” with 215/60/17?

cy294

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Evening all,

Anybody lowered theirs on 17ins alloys with 215/60/17 tyres?

I know there is a lot of talk about the different types of lowering and costs. But just wondering if anybody has done this with out bigger alloys and just with the commercial tyres.

Thanks all.

Thanks for pics both, really helpful. Did you lower 40mm or more?

Thanks again for the info. I've toyed with so many variations in terms of tyre sizes, coilovers and springs. My head is fried. One thing I do know, is budget will be a big factor and Cobra or H & R springs? Experiences on either?

Last edited:
Id recommend H&R over the Cobra - We fit a lot of these on a spring only basis

Thanks again for the info. I've toyed with so many variations in terms of tyre sizes, coilovers and springs. My head is fried. One thing I do know, is budget will be a big factor and Cobra or H & R springs? Experiences on either?

Before I start saying what I've done and why.....
What is your vans usage ????
This for me is the important question ( camper ? day van ? work van ? Shuttle ? )

Before I start saying what I've done and why.....
What is your vans usage ????
This for me is the important question ( camper ? day van ? work van ? Shuttle ? )
Right, here goes. I have a T30 Highline SWB, with 17ins Davenport's. It is a day van, with a rear bench seat. It is empty in the rear 90% of the time, except when I have two dogs in the back in their cage or the kids mountains bikes or when we go on hols to France, towing a caravan.

Right, here goes. I have a T30 Highline SWB, with 17ins Davenport's. It is a day van, with a rear bench seat. It is empty in the rear 90% of the time, except when I have two dogs in the back in their cage or the kids mountains bikes or when we go on hols to France, towing a caravan.

My18 panel van fully converted was low at back on standard suspension wanted to level her up.
Put Koni shocks and dampers on with H+R 40mm lowering springs on, I hated it ! and lost too much height for ground clearance
Swapped springs today for caravelles 100% improvement ! Thanks Steve....
Have Devonports on and 215x65x17" post pictures tomorrow after she had a wash

My18 panel van fully converted was low at back on standard suspension wanted to level her up.
Put Koni shocks and dampers on with H+R 40mm lowering springs on, I hated it ! and lost too much height for ground clearance
Swapped springs today for caravelles 100% improvement ! Thanks Steve....
Have Devonports on and 215x65x17" post pictures tomorrow after she had a wash
Looking forward to the pics.

Back